Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think the "hotness" of the Treo is defined by the person carrying it...
    Still Cingular in Metro Detroit.

What cities are getting the AT&T banner?
    Who WANTS the ATT banner?
    What I want, and what I'll get seem to be two different things in this matter...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I think the "hotness" of the Treo is defined by the person carrying it...
    Has anyone ever mentioned how perceptive you are...???

In the right hands, Graphite is extremely hot!
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Hey Everyone!

Has anyone else experienced any software compatibility issues AFTER updating your 680?

Everytime I try to use Opera Mini, Newscopier or Google Maps, my 680 crashes and resets. I believe it may center around the IBM Java component that is necessary to run all 3 of those applications.

All those applications worked fine before the update and now just crash my 680. Anyone else experiencing similar issues or does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

I use all three applications often and am pretty bummed if I can't use them anymore.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Mike Timble
    Quote Originally Posted by miketimble View Post
    Hey Everyone!

Has anyone else experienced any software compatibility issues AFTER updating your 680?

Everytime I try to use Opera Mini, Newscopier or Google Maps, my 680 crashes and resets. I believe it may center around the IBM Java component that is necessary to run all 3 of those applications.

All those applications worked fine before the update and now just crash my 680. Anyone else experiencing similar issues or does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?
    I'm getting the same problems with the Gmail app.
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I know you need to reload google maps, check the update thread.
  9. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I've reloaded the AT&T update (which seemed to go ok the first time save a reboot when I synced afterward). Battery life also sucks now. The Java comment may be a factor, the one app I have that used it errors with "Please ensure that IBM's WebSphere Micro Environment Java VM is installed. I didn't (obviously) lose any other apps.
    ADS
    So the "banner" in the upper left corner changed for me today from Cingular to AT&T.

Funny thing tho, it didn't change for my wifes 680. Rebooted hers just to see if that would make a diff, it didn't.

strange....

I'll edit to say, that I have updated both phones with the AT&T update. Only diff is I did the CarrierDB deal and then put it back to normal on the advice of the makers of that little update. Otherwise all is the same.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12