1.    #1  
    In my firm, you can find just about every different varient of Blackberry (plus the Motorola Q) in existence. Yesterday, our IT guy and I laid them all side-by-side for a web-browsing comparison, and the bottom line is this:

If it's important for you to use your device as a web browser (under the table during boring meetings, standing on a bus, etc.), the display resolution on the 700P is so much better, it isn't even close. (And that goes for the new Blackberry 8800, too, which will soon be EVDO capable.) So, assuming they cure the 700P bugginess (and my current model-- my third-- has been quite good vs. the two very early production models I'd previously had), and despite the fact that I do slightly prefer the Blackberry e-mail client to the Goodlink I've got in my Treo, I won't think about switching until THIS hits the scene:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...y-9900-exists/
    That's surprising, particularly with the bb8800 specs. I have not been able to put one beside my 700p because the cingular stores i visited have the non working models out for display, which is a complete waste of time. Did you check the displays in sunlight? I hear the bb is much better than the Treo when used outdoors.

For me, I am a previous 650 owner, now have a 700p. I am waiting for Verizon's offerings, but will likely switch to either a Blackjack, 6800, or bb 8830. So many choices - but none of them are released yet. May just wait for the Iphone and go to the dark side!

Quote Originally Posted by rsdmems View Post
    In my firm, you can find just about every different varient of Blackberry (plus the Motorola Q) in existence. Yesterday, our IT guy and I laid them all side-by-side for a web-browsing comparison, and the bottom line is this:

If it's important for you to use your device as a web browser (under the table during boring meetings, standing on a bus, etc.), the display resolution on the 700P is so much better, it isn't even close. (And that goes for the new Blackberry 8800, too, which will soon be EVDO capable.) So, assuming they cure the 700P bugginess (and my current model-- my third-- has been quite good vs. the two very early production models I'd previously had), and despite the fact that I do slightly prefer the Blackberry e-mail client to the Goodlink I've got in my Treo, I won't think about switching until THIS hits the scene:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...y-9900-exists/
    I use my 8703e for web browsing a lot (on it now). I've been down the Treo/Q road and while the display is a little better, there is no way I'd sacrifice my stability for a marginally better screen appearance. Plus, using Opera Mini on my bb is incredible.

Different strokes I guess but you couldn't pry the bb from my hands.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I am running Opera on the Treo and it is nice, but:

The BB8800 has a 320 x 240 display vs the Treo 320 x 320. I am seriously considering the BB 8830 (will it have EVDO?) when it comes to Sprint. That is, if I don't get the iPhone first.
    I would assume future BB's will have EVDO since the present ones do. My Sprint 8703e has EVDO. BTW, I will be the first one to get the 8830! BB for life! (haha, but I do love them)
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Awesome. Plus the 8830 will be CDMA and GSM... I think it arrives in June...
  7.    #7  
    "Did you check the displays in sunlight? I hear the bb is much better than the Treo when used outdoors."

In fairness, it wasn't a comparison of outdoor brightness but, rather, of how much text one can see on the screen at the same time (320 x 320 for the Treo, vs. 320 x 240 for the Blackberry) and how sharp the color rendering was (much better on the Treo). The Blackberrys may, in fact, have brighter displays, but in my web-browsing situations (even outdoors), I've never found a lack of brightness to be an issue (although I agree that in direct sunlight, the Treo screen isn't super).
    My BB's screen is much brighter than any Treo I've owned (especially in direct sunlight). Plus, it has an ambient light sensor...go into a dark room, screen and keys automatically dim..go into sunlight, they get brighter. Really intuitive.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    That sounds cool. It looks like the 8830 will have a silver case, though I would prefer the style of the 8800
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    My BB\'s screen is much brighter than any Treo I\'ve owned (especially in direct sunlight). Plus, it has an ambient light sensor...go into a dark room, screen and keys automatically dim..go into sunlight, they get brighter. Really intuitive.
    BrightCam is free
    re the 9900/9000/whatever - it's easy to hype something that's not real yet. Show it to me in real life and then let me decide.

I can outspec anything with rumors and innuendo.