Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    My phone constantly resets every hour, on the hour! Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!
    Any more information?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    What else do you need to know?
    Did you just get it?
    Did it just start happening?
    Have you installed any new apps?
    Are you doing anything when it happens?
    Are you using some kind of alarm program?
    Do you have anything running on a schedule?
    Does it happen all the time or every once in awhile?
    Have you done anything different recently?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Did you just get it? NO
    Did it just start happening? NO, FOR 2 WEEKS NOW
    Have you installed any new apps? NO
    Are you doing anything when it happens? HAPPENS IN USE AND NOT IN USE
    Are you using some kind of alarm program? NO
    Do you have anything running on a schedule? HAD A PROGRAM TO CHIME AT THE TOP OF THE HOUR THAT I HAVE SINCE DELETED
    Does it happen all the time or every once in awhile? EVERY HOUR
    Have you done anything different recently? GOT A HAIRCUT
    ummm maybe all the files didn't delete when you removed the program....
    I would do a hard reset. I had this problem before with a program. Destaller took care of it..
    Quote Originally Posted by PruSucks View Post
    Have you done anything different recently? GOT A HAIRCUT
    LOL...that's it!

If it's every hour on the hour, I would think it would have to do with the alarm program. If something was left behind when you deleted it, whatever it was may be looking for what's missing. Did you delete it using the Palm menu from the Home screen or use an uninstall program like Uninstall Manager?

I'd hate for you to have to hard reset, but if you can't find any associated files leftover, using FileZ or something...you may have to.
    No... He could just reinstall the alarm app which would reassociate the file and then use Uninstall to get rid of them.
    Yes, he could do that. But, then he would be done and miss out on all the time he could have wasted doing it my way

Thanks...that probably is a better idea
    Do a hard reset and see if it still resets. If it does you know its a phone issue.
    If you go the reinstall/deinstall route: after reinstalling make sure the app is disabled before deinstalling. Sometimes the system doesn't like it when you delete an app that still has its functionality enabled (which is what could've been the cause of the troubles in the first place).

Either that or it was the haircut.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Here's the lastest:
    The program name was/is TreoHour...I installed the program again, and then deleted it using the manual's method (made sure it was not enabled when I did)...we know in 29 minutes if it worked...will keep you posted!
    Just curious, when you reinstalled did you find it enabled? I'll check back in 19 minutes.
    So? What happened??
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    It was not enabled and the resets continue.....now what?
    If it's resetting that often and effecting your productivity, you probably need to do a hard reset and clean install to avoid syncing the problem back to your Treo...
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    how do i know that will fix the challenge?
    Unfortunately, you don't. There's no guarantee the hard reset will work...
    But what it will guarantee is that it is not hardware related (if it doesn't do the resets after the hard reset).
    What you might try is using something like Filez. Use it to search saved/unsaved prefs. Look for an entries related to this app and delete them (be careful about what you delete - make a copy of these db's first).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast