1.    #1  
    I just got an unlocked 680 and was wondering if anyone has had success getting MS activesync to work via t-mobile's 5.99 t-zones plan. My employer just signed up for a hosted exchange solution (Exchange Server 2007) and I was wondering if t-zones allows for the proper ports or if I'll have to upgrade to a more expensive t-mobile plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarin0268 View Post
    I just got an unlocked 680 and was wondering if anyone has had success getting MS activesync to work via t-mobile's 5.99 t-zones plan. My employer just signed up for a hosted exchange solution (Exchange Server 2007) and I was wondering if t-zones allows for the proper ports or if I'll have to upgrade to a more expensive t-mobile plan.

It works for me with a Mail2Web account, which JUST came back online a week ago, FINALLY!!!!!
    This is my exact question...yet I have yet to find an answer. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tarin0268 View Post
    I use T-zones when out of the country, and it seems to work fine with my active sync on Versa-mail. No special settings.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    Note, I can also use it in the USA, but I mak sure I am setup for t-zones when outside...
    Quote Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
    Note, I can also use it in the USA, but I mak sure I am setup for t-zones when outside...
    Did you do anything special to set yourself up for T-Zones apart from making sure you have an international data plan on your T-Mobile account?

I'll be heading out of the country in a few weeks, and I'd like to see whether I can access T-Zones while I'm overseas. (UK, Italy, and UAE)
    Well, you have to switch the "phone" in your profile to a Blackberry so that the Data plans will show up. Then select that plan.

It is "supposed" to only work for Blackberry e-mail, etc, but it works for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
    Well, you have to switch the "phone" in your profile to a Blackberry so that the Data plans will show up. Then select that plan.

It is "supposed" to only work for Blackberry e-mail, etc, but it works for everything.
    Sorry, I guess I'm a little confused. Do you have the blackberry data plan, or the T-Zones plan on your Treo?

I've got the blackberry data plan already (I use blackberry connect with our company's BES), as well as T-Zones, but only the BB data plan works internationally, not T-Zones.

Thanks for the help!
    The service you have to use internationally to make this work is T-zones. My internet plan works with either t-zones or T-mobile internet. But if I use the T-zones service internationally, I am not charged internationally for data.

I am not "subscribed" to T-Zones. I use the T-zones "selection" in my network settings.
    I just wanted to follow up on this for the benefit of anyone else who might be searching for it in the future.

On my last trip out of country, T-Zones did indeed connect while in several countries in the Middle East and Europe. Don't know why it wasn't working on my last trip.

Once connected, Exchange Activesync worked perfectly over T-Zones.