Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how I can read my Hotmail E-Mail on my Palm? I know I can read my Hotmail E-Mail with Outlook Express, but I was wondering if there was a program that allowed me to download all my mail from Outlook Express to my Visor, not just my POP Mail.
    There is a program called pop3hot which will allow you to download your hotmail to your main folder as pop mail. You can then sync to your visor. I don't use it myself, but have read discussions about it:
    www.pop3hot.com
    Originally posted by bregent
    There is a program called pop3hot which will allow you to download your hotmail to your main folder as pop mail. You can then sync to your visor. I don't use it myself, but have read discussions about it:
    www.pop3hot.com
    Exactly what I've been looking for. Unfortunately there is no mac support.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I use AvantGo to read mine. I set up my own channel on the AvantGo web page and used the address that points to my inbox. Works like a champ. You can also delete, reply to, and compose new messages with AvantGo, but the only folder you can access is your inbox, and you can't move mesasges to other folders. When using a modem and online, Browse-it 2.0 seems to work great for this.
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    Originally posted by icthus
    I use AvantGo to read mine. I set up my own channel on the AvantGo web page and used the address that points to my inbox. Works like a champ. You can also delete, reply to, and compose new messages with AvantGo, but the only folder you can access is your inbox, and you can't move mesasges to other folders. When using a modem and online, Browse-it 2.0 seems to work great for this.
    How do you handle logging in to hotmail?
    Jeff
    I tried hotmail using avantgo with no success. I get this message that in order to us passport, my browser myst support cookies and secure connections. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. If anyone can figure this out, let me know right away.
    Originally posted by kevinklee
    I tried hotmail using avantgo with no success. I get this message that in order to us passport, my browser myst support cookies and secure connections. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. If anyone can figure this out, let me know right away.
    Me too.
    Hey icthus, what version of AG are you running? My about box says 4.0 Build 769
    Jeff
    Jeff,

I'm running the same version as you.
    Originally posted by kevinklee
    Firstly, I've not tried this myself. The way I read the message from the original poster was that he used the address of his hotmail inbox, not the www.hotmail.com one:

I set up my own channel on the AvantGo web page and used the address that points to my inbox
    I'm still not sure how this works, I would hope MS have better security than just using a long and cryptic address.

Has anyone else tried this?

Kev.
    Originally posted by kevin_i_orourke

Firstly, I've not tried this myself. The way I read the message from the original poster was that he used the address of his hotmail inbox, not the www.hotmail.com one:

I'm still not sure how this works, I would hope MS have better security than just using a long and cryptic address.

Has anyone else tried this?

Kev.
    I read the email the same way you did from the beginning. I logged into hotmail, went to my inbox, copied the "long and cryptic address" from my browser to a new avantgo channel.

Results: the cookie problem mentioned above.
    Jeff
    Try logging into hotmail via MSN.com instead of hotmasil.com. I have had success in the past logging thrugh msn.com using the old version of Blazer
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Jeff, you don't have a modem do you?
    Originally posted by motown55
    Jeff, you don't have a modem do you?
    Sure, I've been browsing Hotmail online for a long time now with now problem!

That's not what I'm trying to get at here. icthus gave me the impression that a person could effectively "POP" hotmail email into AvantGo and read it all away from the modem.

That's what I'm trying for here, that's where I get the cookie problem.

Oh, something just occurred to me. Do I have to do a modem sync of AvantGo for Hotmail to work this way? I've been trying cradle syncs.
    Jeff
    I used to be able to access hotmail with blazer via going thru www.msn.com but no longer. Microsoft probably makes it difficult for palm users to access hotmail. I too am looking for a solution for hotmail access via a line modem for the visor.

Any techies that have mastered this, share your thoughts !!
    Originally posted by george_vc
    I used to be able to access hotmail with blazer via going thru www.msn.com but no longer. Microsoft probably makes it difficult for palm users to access hotmail. I too am looking for a solution for hotmail access via a line modem for the visor.

Any techies that have mastered this, share your thoughts !!
    Use your modem to dial your ISP, run BrowseIt as a regular web browser and you can use www.hotmail.com fine. I do it almost every night.
    Jeff
    I use blazer beta 1.1, and I can access Hotmail.
    It look's like a mobile version of hotmail.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    Is it possible to use Outlook (NOT Outlook Express) to download Hotmail? Since my Outlook is always on and I sync my Palm to Outlook, all I need to do is find a way to check Hotmail with Outlook, but when I wrote the friendly folks at Hotmail, they e-mailed me back that I have to use Outlook Express. WTF?

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Sorry for any confussion. Hopefully we can clear this up. I am running AvantGo 4.0 now, but it worked just fine on the older version as well. First, make sure your AvantGo is setup for secure connections. To do this, go to Options, choose Server Preferences, select the Settings button, and check the Use Secure Connection option.

For the AvantGo channel: log into Hotmail on your computer, place your mouse over the link that says Inbox, right-click, and select Copy Shortcut. Then log into AvantGo, choose the Create Channel button, label it Hotmail, and paste that shortcut in the address box, (make sure you don't end up with two http://'s at the front of the address). Configure it for size, links, images, etc. and choose Save Channel.

After you hotsync with AvantGo, (I've used both cradle and modem syncs), choose the Hotmail channel on your Visor, and you should see a page asking for your login and password. Go ahead and fill those in. The next time you hotsync, and from now on, you should have all your mail. (Occasionally, for some reason, you will have to re-login and then re-sync).

Also, something I just though of. While you're logged into your hotmail on your pc, you may want to choose Options, go to Preferences, and set the Session Expiration to Never.

Hope this helps. If things still don't work, let me know and we'll see if we can figure what other configurations we have that are different. Like I said, this has been working fine for me for probably six months now, so I know it works.
    Last edited by icthus; 04/19/2001 at 09:50 PM.
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    Originally posted by namja
    Is it possible to use Outlook (NOT Outlook Express) to download Hotmail? Since my Outlook is always on and I sync my Palm to Outlook, all I need to do is find a way to check Hotmail with Outlook, but when I wrote the friendly folks at Hotmail, they e-mailed me back that I have to use Outlook Express. WTF?
    As I've already answered in this thread, you can use pop3hot to download hotmail into any pop3 client.
    I wonder if the AvantGo method of checking Hotmail also works with Yahoo mail? Can anyone think of a reason why it wouldn't? Maybe I'll do a little experimenting.

Ron
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast