1. dot
    Does someone have a better calendar to use with mac?
    I use missing sync which is great but...
    Ical keeps losing events, duplicating, and category mishmash is killing me.

heeelp
    Dance or Die
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    iCal has always been ok for me, but for many years I used Now Up to Date: here

Syncing should be supported
  3. dot
    WOW that looks perfect...except the $120 pricetag!
    Anyone else???
    Dance or Die
    How about even-t? It's $90 cheaper.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. dot
    do the categories stay in sync... colors etc.
    Dance or Die
    Meh...I should have read your post closer (sorry, the glittery avatar babe was distracting me )

I thought you just wanted an iCal replacement. Even-t doesn't yet support syncing, but will once the final version is released (it's still in beta.) Sorry. I'm worthless...

I just stumbled onto it about a month ago, and really like it though, nonetheless.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have been watching the "market" for years and continue to see Now as the best. You may want to wait "until spring" (should be anyday) for their totally revised new versions(working title Nighthawk).
    You may be concerned about the price tag but believe me it's worth it. They are not the kind who make you pay for their frequent upgrades .
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    That's true. Upgrades were often free.

I used Now Contact and Up to Date for years and found it to be worth it. I eventually gave in to the Mac apps over sync issues, but often find myself wishing for Now software functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by dot View Post
    Does someone have a better calendar to use with mac?
    I use missing sync which is great but...
    Ical keeps losing events, duplicating, and category mishmash is killing me.

heeelp
    I have used ical a lot and have had problems with it too, and it became just too unreliable for me. Despite the fact that I am not a microsoft affectionado I have recently switched to entourage as part of the microsoft office package and it has some positives and negatives.

negatives: entourage will not sync birthdays, it wont share your calendar on .mac. and it has a much more clunky feel than ical.

positives: on ical you cannot shut off desktop notifications, but fortunately you can in entourage. Also you can do a handheld overwrites desktop sync in entourage but you cannot do this in ical. Using the missing sync program and with multiple categories on my calendar and tasks, entourage seems to sync more reliably than ical.

so if you already have the microsoft office package on your computer, you might think about giving it a try.
    All-considering switching to mac from windows. Need clarity.

Does everything sync correctly using Missing Sync? Understand that it does better than palm desktop on mac.

I rely heavily on categories & one of the main reasons for my switch is to get a reliable pc with reliable sync.

I am analytical so appreciate as much info as you can share so I know Pro/Con.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTreoUser View Post
    All-considering switching to mac from windows. Need clarity.

Does everything sync correctly using Missing Sync? Understand that it does better than palm desktop on mac.

I rely heavily on categories & one of the main reasons for my switch is to get a reliable pc with reliable sync.

I am analytical so appreciate as much info as you can share so I know Pro/Con.

thanks

Everything with missing sync works fine with me. The only issue I have is with contacts, if I make a new contact on my treo then without syncing it I make that same contact in address book (since I dont have time to sync and just want a quick backup) I will get a duplicate on the phone next time I sync.

I dont use Iphoto sync since it add mores time to the process.

But as for calendars and events I have had no trouble, I even trust it enough to make reminders for my exams.

I think the OP might have an issue with categories and might be telling missing sync to not sync certain categories or to add items correctly.

If you want pro con vs missing sync and palm desktop..

Missing sync is light years ahead of palm desktop, Palm desktop remind me of a mac application from 10 years ago. Dont even bother with trying palm desktop missing sync is well worth the money.
    fortunately if you do get duplicate comtacts the mac address book application has an excellent duplicate merger feature.