Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well mRing 4(www.motionapps.com) is out, went ahead & upgraded(paid) since v3.3.7 works perfect. Well for it didn't, my whole Treo slowed down(a lot) & Volumecare got taken over. Is anyone else seeing this? Reminds me of Lightwav, but I hear LW is stable now....I believe its the hede, so I rollback to v3.3.7, & working normal again.
    Last edited by reverendrhino; 04/20/2007 at 06:43 PM.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I agree. It slowed down my Treo considerably. I have Treo 700p on Sprint
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Well I installed v.4 over v.3.3.7 and everytime I received a call my Treo would cycle off and on so I cant receive a call.

GSM 650.
    JW
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, sucks. I tried again last night, & slow....they need a quick fix, looks great, but I can't deal with slowness.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Yeah, sucks. I tried again last night, & slow....they need a quick fix, looks great, but I can't deal with slowness.
    Try LightSpeed
    JW
  6.    #6  
    That's a good idea, I forgot about LightSpeed....thanks.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Treo 680. It slows down tons.
    mRing 4 sucks, can't pick up calls on my Treo 680 Had to uninstall it immediately
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Yes it was so bad that I have removed it totally form my device.
    First was the snail like speed but I over came some of that with Lightspeed to overclock mRIng v4.
    But then I found repeatedly I could not answer the calls.
    The screen would appear when a call came in but I could not answer any calls ignore any calls it was like the screen digitizer wasn't working "only when mRing v4 " activated.

Missed all my calls so I un-installed it re-installed and the same thing happened.

Dummer now that I saw v4 I wont go back to v3.
    Guess I need to find another ring tone app.
    Shame v4 looked good.

Thanks
    JW
    I downloaded mRing 4 over mRing 3 and man.... the interface was beautiful... really nice graphics and design. However, it was freaking sloooooooow..... So I did a reset and all that and still it was bad. I had to delete it even though it looked really nice. The uninstalled didn't go as smooth as I thought. Fontsmoother got messed up and I had to restore it from a backup. I'm back to mRing 3 and it is all good now. They really need to fix this lag and you guys can help emailing them about the issue.

Al
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Motion has released new mRing v4.0.1.
    Hopefully they addressed many if not all of the issues.
    Last edited by n0m0n; 04/25/2007 at 03:41 PM.
    JW
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    If anyone is interested I have installed the new version or update 4.0.1 and all the issues that I had:
    SLOWWW
    Locking up when I received a call

Have been addressed so far its working like a charm.
    It is a buy or upgrade for me as of now.
    JW
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    If anyone is interested I have installed the new version or update 4.0.1 and all the issues that I had:
    SLOWWW
    Locking up when I received a call

Have been addressed so far its working like a charm.
    It is a buy or upgrade for me as of now.
    Same here, seems to be working great! This is what I got:

NEW info, the problem is fixed! This version has been tested by me and works on my Treo 700p:

"Hello Reverend Rhino,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have released new mRing v4.0.1 which includes a fix for the problem.

You can download it OTA, if you navigate your Treo browser here: www.motionapps.com and select try mRing. Please clear your browser cache before downloading the latest mRing.

Or, you can download mRing v4.0.1 to your PC here: www.motionapps.com/mring

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    Sanja

MotionApps Customer Support
    www.MotionApps.com - Making Your Smartphone Tremendous"

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Bummer...
    Treo just froze 3 times when someone tried to call me.
    Same problem as before, i get a call tap answer the treo freezes and then soft resets.
    It stopped when I unchecked enable within mRing...
    Same problem and it stops once deactivated.

Anyone else?
    Thanks
    JW
    JW
  15.    #15  
    I only had a couple of calls today & no problems. I use a Sprint Treo 700p CDMA....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Anyone try the version on a 680 yet? Version 4.0 really screwed up my device and I spent hours getting things back to normal. And that was with back up of my device. Apparently the auto back up performed the back p with the corrupted files. THANKS motionapps! Motion apps has also never replied to my two requests for help on the issue. Not sure if I want to take the risk of damage again by installing the newer version.
    i cant get application to work on treo 700p CDMA... i have one of mringer original ringers selected and i hear the tone and see the picture but when i hit answer the screen goes to a white screen and it is not answered, just dead air, i also could not swap calls within call waiting when mring was activated

i cant get this to run right on treo 700p device
    Last edited by italiangspot; 04/30/2007 at 07:17 AM.
    Call waiting actually resets my 680. and some ringtones studder. I think they still have a little work to do.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Same issues here. I have a Treo 700p (Sprint) and had issues with call waiting as well as palm resetting on incoming calls. Originally I thought it was an issue with ringer types (.wav, .mp3, .aac) but that wasn't the case. I had it up and running fine for like 10 minutes with no problems, then it starting crashing all over again! Very inconsistant! I am using Lightwav now until this issue is addressed (hopefully soon). Lightwav seems to be working fine except it's missing the onscreen feature that mRing has, that I likem where you can click "answer" or "ignore" an incoming calls.
    Well, seems like mRing has taken the place of Lightwav. mRing does at least one of these things when a call comes in.
    1.resets my treo
    2. no sound while phone call is coming in
    3. or the ringtone studders

I have now deleted mRing.

Arrggh., don't these companies understand the concept of BETA TESTERS?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast