Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    my phone hasnt been resetting but when i hit answer icon on screen, the screen goes all white and the ringer goes silent but the call is never answered, then after person hangs up i get the missed call message, i dont know who is getting this program to work good for them but it is a no go for me at this time
  2.    #22  
    That's so strange, the first version(4.0) didn't work at all. This new version(4.0.1)works perfect, no re-sets or any other problems, I'm very happy now. Maybe a conflict with other apps?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    That's so strange, the first version(4.0) didn't work at all. This new version(4.0.1)works perfect, no re-sets or any other problems, I'm very happy now. Maybe a conflict with other apps?
    Do u have a treo CDMA 700p?

i have takephone and DialByPhoto for other telephony apps , are u running either of them, could be a conflict...
  4.    #24  
    Yes, I have a Sprint Treo 700p CDMA. I'm running many games, DialByPhoto, TreoMemo, TreoWeather, ChatterEmail, Docs To Go 10 Premium & a few others. I know TakePhone tweaks the Treo, can that be it?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    i have to try and move over, another thing that came to me is treoareacodes, another program that i am using, like cityid

are u using treo area codes?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I tried moving TakePHONE to card and tested mRing to see if that was issue, apparently not cause phone crashed again upon incoming call. I also had TAC (TreoAreaCode) running and think that may be the cause of the problem. I moved that to card and it seems to be okay. But again, mRing worked for me before even with TAC enabled but eventually crashed. I will monitor and see what happens. ::fingers crossed::
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Okay, I thought we had it but I guess TAC wasn't the problem. Phone just crashed on incoming call from different number than original. This is what led me to believe it may be a ringer type issue since some calls are coming through but others make phone crash. I tried using my work phone to call cell and that was working. Than I had someone call me from a different number out and phone crashed. Both were set to same ringer. Why is one working and the other not? Could this still be related to another app running in the background? Soooooo confused!
  8.    #28  
    That's just confusing, it has to be another background app. Also, I wonder if it can be the ringer/mp3/wav you selected? Can it be corrupt, to long, to short? Try another sound & see what it does. I remember another Ringer App I used to Beta Test for, & one of the problems was just that.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Rhino, not sure if it has to do with ringer. I am using the ringer that mRing provides so it's not that big. It has to be conflicting with another application. After several tests today, I hard resetted my palm treo and only installed mRing on it. Made several test calls and it seemed to be working fine. However, the call waiting feature still does not work. I cannot switch over to incoming call by pressing the screen. I have to press the "green" button to switch call. Do you have this issue as well? I can't see why this wouldn't work on my phone now.
  10.    #30  
    Then it would be another app, making them crash. Now that I think about it, I haven't got two calls at once to do a switch. I will test Switching Calls tomorrow & see what happens. I'll keep you posted...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    If you were to remove mring completely from your treo, which files should you delete? When I installed the trial version, it installed several files. I've been having problems with this app, so I want to make sure I delete it completely.
  12.    #32  
    SFOyA, ok had a good amount of calls this morning & I was able to switch callers without a problem. No re-sets or slow downs at all. Before mRing did you have any other Ringer Program installed? & which one?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  13.    #33  
    dbulante, I just used Uninstaller, & that clears it. There might be a file called "mare" "LMre" left behind(version 3) that can be deleted also. For version 4 there's also "mSync".

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I just used Uninstaller, & that clears it. There might be a file called "mare" "LMre" left behind(version 3) that can be deleted also. For version 4 there's also "mSync".
    hmm, good call i just noticed msync on mine and i used uninstall manager to delete mring

just deleted msync as well
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Finally got it up and running somewhat with minimal crashes. Occassionally a crash here and there but not as many as before. I will continue to test this but as for the call waiting feature, that does not work for me at ALL! Once a call beeps in, I cannot press the "Answer" button on the screen. It also does not show the picutre of caller that is calling. I can, however, press the green button to answer it, then I am able to press the on-screen "swap" button.

Another feature I do not like is that mRing only allows 2 phone numbers per contact. Unless I cannot figure out how to do it. Is it possible to add more numbers to a contact?? This is a big negative for me as most of my contacts have at least 3 numbers (home, work, cell, etc.).
  16. dot
    are you people still having crashes running the 4.0.1 version or the 4.0
    Dance or Die
    version 4.2 is out now. i am still having same issue with the white screen when i use screen to answer call...i dont know which appilcation is conflicting

.................................................................................................... ....
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    version 4.2 is out now. i am still having same issue with the white screen when i use screen to answer call...i dont know which appilcation is conflicting

.................................................................................................... ....
    v4.2?
    I have only found v4.02.

Where do you get 4.2?

Thanks
    JW
    whoops type-0
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    whoops type-0

Not a problem...

Thought I missed something since I have been bouncing back and forth between my Treo 650 and my P990i.

I want to stay on top of this stuff.

Thanks
    JW
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12