Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    My brother-in-law just bought a '07 Lexus ES 350, and when he test-drove it and soon after he bought it, the car's BT paired flawlessly with his Verizon Treo 650, then, after a week, just stopped. He went to his Verizon store and they told him that Lexus blocks BT connections with Treos after an initial one-week period. Is this true? If so , are their any other such examples? I am looking to buy an Infiniti M, and when I test-drove it, my Sprint T700p paired just fine. I know it's a different manufacturer, but if I buy this car, am I in for a similar shock?
    thanks,
    -amell
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Sorry - title of post should have been - "Auto manufacturers blocking Bluetooth?". BTW, my brother-in-law's Verizon dealer offered to swap out his Treo with a Blackberry, which apparently works OK with Lexus.
    A) I won't pretend to know a thing about this. But,
    B) It sounds like complete nonsense to me.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Jaharr - it sounded pretty hinky to me, too, but wondered if anyone has had similar experience...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Ask a couple of Lexus dealerships.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Hmm...same thing came up in the Lexus Owners Club Forum. They don't have an answer either, but one poster said
    According to the Bluetooth page on Lexus's website the wireless carrier is also something to consider, example some people say that Verizon blocks some of the bluetooth transmissions on their phones. But until three days ago i had the treo 700wx with Sprint and paired it with my 07 IS350, and it was almost worthless, and it would never reconnect once i came back within range.
    http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=35751
    You might wanna try asking Verizon again about them doing rolling firmware updates blocking their phones from use with none verizon bluetooth. Also trying googling Verizon blocking Bluetooth and take a look, you might be surprised, it's been all over the net and forums...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    We have our Sprint Centro and T700P successfully paired with our 08 ES350. They have worked for the last 6 weeks without any issues.