Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    So, they now say that the Blackberry e-mail outage was caused by a software update that wasn't sufficiently tested.
    And Palm is being skewered for taking too long to complete testing the Treo update.
    Imagine if the forthcoming patch were released prematurely?
    How does that expression go?
    You're darned if you do and you're darned if you don't. (yes, I know that isn't the right word, I wanted to keep it clean)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    So, they now say that the Blackberry e-mail outage was caused by a software update that wasn't sufficiently tested.
    And Palm is being skewered for taking too long to complete testing the Treo update.
    You're darned if you do and you're darned if you don't. (yes, I know that isn't the right word, I wanted to keep it clean)
    Get it right the first time arround.
    I won't chastise them for testing the patch enough, but rather for not testing the 700p enough in the first place and for dragging their feet to fix it...but I digress.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    All true haroldo. The real irony I think tho or not neccessarily irony is in the fact that Palm claims to be testing the he double hockey sticks out of this MR but yet if they wouldve applied even half of the testing they claim they and the carriers are using on the MR to the pre-release of the 700P I doubt we'd be in this situation.

Irony probably isnt the right word but I think everyone gets my drift.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    TreoNewt get outta my head!

haha well done you beat me to that point.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    TreoNewt get outta my head!

haha well done you beat me to that point.
    Sorry...I'll wait longer next time...promissed

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Palm claims to be testing the he double hockey sticks out of this MR
    Have I mistakenly entered the Teletubbies version of TC??
    Agreed,

Any group (testers) who spent ANY time (read a couple of weeks) with this thing shouldve come to the consensis (SP?) that there were fatal flaws with it. Not that everyone in the test group had the issues but the group as a whole. How did this happen?
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hey, I got kids and I'm used to keeping it clean! (I also assumed that TC employs 'bad word' filters)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Ahhhhhh so Christina likey likes the dirty talk eh?

I learn more and more about you everyday.

There is no spoon.
    Hey, I got kids and I'm used to keeping it clean! (I also assumed that TC employs 'bad word' filters)
    They do...but you get cute little ****. so it makes the bad words look pretty

Ahhhhhh so Christina likey likes the dirty talk eh?

I learn more and more about you everyday.

Shhhh...I'm an Angel, remember?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Any group (testers) who spent ANY time (read a couple of weeks) with this thing shouldve come to the consensis (SP?) that there were fatal flaws with it. Not that everyone in the test group had the issues but the group as a whole. How did this happen?
    It depends on the testing strategies that they adopted. A lot of software/hardware companies have team leads develop the 'test plans'. If the 'test plans' only focus on one individual feature without mixing and matching others, these 'test plans' would pass with flying colors. So for instance, if they test PTunes without turning on scheduled POP email checking, the music skipping would almost never surface.

Also, usually a new software/device is handed over to a group of testers who are tasked to 'break' it after passing the written test plans. I'm not sure if Palm did that.

Anyway, someone dropped the ball big time and we are the unfortunate victims. However, I do see Palm is heading back to the right direction. We shall see.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    think I can hear the testers working now...

la-la-la-la-laaa, la la, la-la-la-la laaaa biiiig huuuuuuuuuuug
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    think I can hear the testers working now...

la-la-la-la-laaa, la la, la-la-la-la laaaa biiiig huuuuuuuuuuug
    LOL! I'm sure they would be more productive if they whistled while they worked...
    LOL! I'm sure they would be more productive if they whistled while they worked...
    Wow! first Teletubbies, now testers whistling like Santa's little helpers, this thread is really G-rated now

It is a calming effect that is trying to take over the board. Ben
    la-la-la-la-laaa, la-la-la-la-laaa, la-la-la-la-laaa...

See? Now doesn't that feel better? I was thinking more along the lines of the Seven Dwarves...
    So let's see:

Palm - Releases a device with LOT's-O-BUGS. Takes almost a year, and still NO FIX, NO PATCH, NO SOLUTION.

RIM - Releases a device that works, someone applies a patch that breaks things, fixes it within 12 hours. (BTW - the patch was not something to fix functionality, it was a supposed to be a minor performance tweak, all on the server side of the world)

Hmmm. Great comparison. Says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by blulite View Post
    So let's see:

Palm - Releases a device with LOT's-O-BUGS. Takes almost a year, and still NO FIX, NO PATCH, NO SOLUTION.

RIM - Releases a device that works, someone applies a patch that breaks things, fixes it within 12 hours. (BTW - the patch was not something to fix functionality, it was a supposed to be a minor performance tweak, all on the server side of the world)

Hmmm. Great comparison. Says it all.
    Speaks volumes about the contrasting customer service phylosophies between these two companies, doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast