Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    That's not a good start...
    You have this unique ability to pick through the mass and filter out the obvious
    This sneak peak is pretty much to test the servers to see if it can handle the demand. The more people test it out, the more reliable this test will be. Thats my theory though since it seems to load up only internet widgets it seems >.< Gotta admit though, love the smooth flow of the widgets around the screen and the fading effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    You have this unique ability to pick through the mass and filter out the obvious
    It's a talent...I have many
    easy you two
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    easy you two
    I didn't take it that way, but now that you say something....
    Okay boys...I didn't mean it that way!
    Okay boys...I didn't mean it that way!
    Of course you didn't, but whaddya expect

You wouldn't ask a bird not to sing
    Whew!! I thought I was gonna have to crank up my content filter in IE
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Whew!! I thought I was gonna have to crank up my content filter in IE
    crank?
    crank?
    How've ya been? I see ya fly by a thread once in a while...
    Of course you didn't, but whaddya expect

You wouldn't ask a bird not to sing
    Sure I would...
    Back to Saguaro (sorry)...can't even open on my 650 due to insufficient RAM
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    Why does it require so much memory? Is it like Java?
    Why does it require so much memory? Is it like Java?
    It's for the prettiness.

Seriously. This thing is slick looking.
    Despite my initial skepticism, I must admit that Saguaro is really IMPRESSIVE.

Still, I'm not getting "it." How does one use existing applications with it? Or do we have to go back to PerformancePda for developing applications or widgets for use with Saguaro? And can we have "dual" mode (PalmOS & Saguaro) applications, without conflicts...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Despite my initial skepticism, I must admit that Saguaro is really IMPRESSIVE.

Still, I'm not getting "it." How does one use existing applications with it? Or do we have to go back to PerformancePda for developing applications or widgets for use with Saguaro? And can we have "dual" mode (PalmOS & Saguaro) applications, without conflicts...
    As I understand it, the Saguaro stuff is specific to Saguaro, kind of like widgets. They aren't OS applications, can't be ran in Palm OS. And currently Palm OS programs cannot run inside Saguaro. IF they allow such multitasking with Palm native programs for both ARM and other code, then it'll be cool. Until then, it's.... pretty?
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Until then, it's.... pretty?
    Yeah, and it is quiet "fast" too, especially when moving the "widgets". I wish they would put-up some whitepapers or publish some more details so that we can get a better idea of what is going on.
    Hopefully none using your teeth.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    from what I read on the website, Saguaro will terminate if you run a Palm OS prog.
    Non Saguaro programs will not run in Saguaro. So basically, I'm thinking that I have to expect Saguaro to make apps for everything I use now? And pay again?

ex. I have pTunes/Kinoma/etc..., Saguaro will terminate if I run those programs. So I have to hope that Saguaro will develop programs that will do what pTunes/Kinoma already do for me. If they don't plan to do that

Then Saguaro, right now, as it stands with the public beta, is a bunch of widgets (calender,stocks,news feeds, etc...) which is like combining Neeeews!, 4Cast, etc... that takes up a lot of memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Hopefully none using your teeth.
    Wow! It must've been really bad for you to still be this traumatized...

So...to sum up. Saguaro just runs programs within itself, not incorporating any apps we already use? It doesn't have much included right now, but the developer will be adding more over time? It's a huge memory hog, but looks real purty? Would you guys say it's probably best to wait until closer to the finished product before trying it out? Is there an estimated time frame for the actual release?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast