1.    #1  
    I just saw a an ad for the 700p on Comcast's Oxygen channel. I may have just not been paying attention but it's the first time I've seen it (I usually skip the ads though, so I'm not aware in this area). But, if they are still spending money promoting it, they must still think it's going to be around for a while, and that update may be more real than ever.

Also, there is a new post about the 700p and Slingbox on the Palm Blog. Things are looking better.
    Last edited by copernicus; 04/19/2007 at 09:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    and i just saw an ad from verizonwireless on local nbc affiliate for a 700p as well during either my name is earl or the office
  3.    #3  
    If this is new, why would they start pushing the 700p all of a sudden?
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    If this is new, why would they start pushing the 700p all of a sudden?
    Maybe an effort to decrease their existing inventories of 700p in anticipation of the arrival of the Treo 755. Once the 755 becomes available, they will be forced to sell their remaining 700p's at a deeper discount.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    As faith has it, while reading these and other threads the Verizon Treo 700p advertisement aired on Time Warner Cable here in Texas.

They really want to sell them now, and before the ROM/patch (maybe they know something we don't).

One thing is for sure, the screen on the ad is simulated, I bet the Treo screen was reseting and needed a fake one to finish
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo