Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. joele's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #21  
    I just purchased this version of 4cast.. not as pretty as GX5's weather app, but it still looks good, has hotsync update and is 1/3 of the size..
  2. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #22  
    Well I am still using Treo Weather because of the following:
    Auto update via a Hotsync conduit ! (for Windows PC)

    I am syncing with my MAC a this time.

    Its 1/3 the size???
    Treo Weather = 370k
    4Cast = 322k

    After all is setup, updated etc, 1/3 the size?
    TreoWeather comes with a background...
    How did you all get a background with 4Cast?
    I dont see an option?
    And my version did not come with a default background.

    Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 04/22/2007 at 10:59 AM.
    JW
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    ...How did you all get a background with 4Cast?
    I dont see an option?
    And my version did not come with a default background.

    Thanks
    Menu -> Options/Display_Preferences, Wallpaper = Default.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  4. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    Menu -> Options/Display_Preferences, Wallpaper = Default.
    Followed the following directions: Options/Display_Preferences,

    There was no Wallpaper option.
    I have a screen titled Preferences:
    Get weather via
    Wireless Hotsync
    disconnect etc.....

    Nowhere does it say anything about wallpaper.
    Care to detail maybe I am missing something.

    The version I have downloaded firm SHSH is: 1.70 (008)

    Thanks
    JW
  5. #25  
    You need to download the new version from the beta download page: http://www.shsh.com/beta
  6. #26  
    You don't have the latest beta. As indicated in the title it's 032. But now we are already at 033. Download it from the beta section.

    duke
  7. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    You need to download the new version from the beta download page: http://www.shsh.com/beta
    Ok, ok, now I see thats the ticket.
    this thread was made a few days ago, and this beta was updated as of today (from what it says on the webpage).


    Can I ask a question.
    I have set this app to refresh every 3 hours...
    Now I notice that there is a time set for 1300 also...
    Does the 3 hour setting over ride the actual time (1300)?

    Also this all like TreoWeather will awake up and connect to the web automatically if its off or sleeping?

    Thanks again to all.
    JW
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post


    Can I ask a question.
    I have set this app to refresh every 3 hours...
    Now I notice that there is a time set for 1300 also...
    Does the 3 hour setting over ride the actual time (1300)?

    Also this all like TreoWeather will awake up and connect to the web automatically if its off or sleeping?

    Thanks again to all.
    Based on your above settings it will update every 3 hours. the (1300) may be a little misleading - this indicates it will update at the top of the hour. If you had set it for 1302, it would update at 2 mins past the hour every 3 hours.

    As long as your cell is on 4cast should connect even if the phone is idle.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  9. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Based on your above settings it will update every 3 hours. the (1300) may be a little misleading - this indicates it will update at the top of the hour. If you had set it for 1302, it would update at 2 mins past the hour every 3 hours.

    As long as your cell is on 4cast should connect even if the phone is idle.

    Good Luck
    s long as your cell is on 4cast?
    I have to close of turn off my Treo with 4Cast being the last app opened?
    So if I end a cal and the Treo times out after 3 minutes, 4Cast will not update on the 3rd hour?

    Maybe I misunderstood you above description.
    Please clarify

    Thank you so much
    JW
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    s long as your cell is on 4cast?
    I have to close of turn off my Treo with 4Cast being the last app opened?
    So if I end a cal and the Treo times out after 3 minutes, 4Cast will not update on the 3rd hour?


    Thank you so much
    Maybe I misunderstood you above description.
    Please clarify

    4cast does not have to be open for it to update at the scheduled time. To clarify further, 4cast does not have to be the last app used before it updates.

    But you must have your Treo on, just as you would have it ready to accept calls.

    good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  11. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood you above description.
    Please clarify

    4cast does not have to be open for it to update at the scheduled time. To clarify further, 4cast does not have to be the last app used before it updates.

    But you must have your Treo on, just as you would have it ready to accept calls.

    good luck


    Is there a way to turn the treo off?
    JW
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post

    Is there a way to turn the treo off?

    I'm not sure on a 650. I have a 700p

    Hopefully, someone else will chime in to help you on that one.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post

    Is there a way to turn the treo off?
    If by "turn the treo off", you mean power off the cell radio, yes: hold the red phone button.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  14. joele's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Its 1/3 the size???
    Treo Weather = 370k
    4Cast = 322k
    Wow people have trouble seeing for themselves what memory programs use...

    Treo Weather is 370kb.. but as soon as you use it it downloads a 500kb+ file for weather icons and also uses 240kb for its datafile.. the datafile for 4cast is around 29kb from memory.

    therefore in total Treo Weather is 1.1MB and 4cast is around 379kb (including one background, data file and weather icons)...
    Last edited by joele; 04/22/2007 at 04:30 PM.
  15. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    Wow people have trouble seeing for themselves what memory programs use...

    Treo Weather is 370kb.. but as soon as you use it it downloads a 500kb+ file for weather icons and also uses 240kb for its datafile.. the datafile for 4cast is around 29kb from memory.

    therefore in total Treo Weather is 1.1MB and 4cast is around 379kb (including one background, data file and weather icons)...
    There is an option to move everything except for the actual prc to the card.
    Maybe that is why my memory program revealed those sizes?

    I was looking for it with 4Cast but have not found that option as of yet.
    Do you know if there is an option for that?

    Thanks
    JW
  16. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    If by "turn the treo off", you mean power off the cell radio, yes: hold the red phone button.
    Oh ok I thought like a off and on switch option for the Treo...
    Ok turn off the radio, makes sense.
    Thanks
    JW
  17. #37  
    I have noticed that 4Cast will not automatically update if my security lock is on. I'm referring to the internal built in security feature of the Treo, whereby I have the Treo locked whenever it's off. Is there any way around this?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  18.    #38  
    You would need to get an app like TealLock that offers more robust security options, like specifying which apps can run even when device is locked.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  19. joele's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    There is an option to move everything except for the actual prc to the card.
    Maybe that is why my memory program revealed those sizes?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$ $only$ $move$ $the$ $icons$ ($500kb$) $not$ $the$ $240kb$ $data$ $file$... $Of$ $course$ $you$ $could$ $move$ $the$ $lot$ $to$ $the$ $card$ $with$ $either$ $program$, $but$ $obviously$ $this$ $would$ $mean$ $slow$ $startup$ $times$..

    You can't move just the 29kb data file from 4cast to the memory card, though I don't see that as an issue..
  20. SFOyA's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503 View Post
    SFOya--I love the "formal" font, but can't find it anywhere--but can't find it anywhere; would it be too much trouble for you to upload a 15-16pt version of this font type? thx in advance!!
    Ljj8503, sorry for the delay in getting back to ya. Here are the font sizes you requested. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions