Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    LJP RC4 has been released, with new Treo keyboard support! We're still trying to get the keyboard working properly in the SNES module, but everything else now supports all treo keys as well as Bluetooth gamepads. Big thanks to Metaview for putting this together, and Tinnus for his hard work.

    Find the download Here, and please read the install guide Here.

    Also, many of you who are complaining of having crashing problems try following these instructions, ignoring the parts specifically about the Lifedrive.

    Also make sure you have and are running UDMH, and have enough free memory on your device to run! SNES games in particular need about 10mb free space, otherwise you will crash.

    Also note that LJP is not compatible with zlauncher or other memory-resident apps. You'll have to choose between one or the other.

    Update: RC5 is now available at the same location, which should fix the SNES module.
    Last edited by CountBuggula; 04/20/2007 at 02:12 PM.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    LJP RC4 has been released, with new Treo keyboard support! We're still trying to get the keyboard working properly in the SNES module, but everything else now supports all treo keys as well as Bluetooth gamepads. Big thanks to Metaview for putting this together, and Tinnus for his hard work.

    Find the download Here, and please read the install guide Here.

    Also, many of you who are complaining of having crashing problems try following these instructions, ignoring the parts specifically about the Lifedrive.

    Also make sure you have and are running UDMH, and have enough free memory on your device to run! SNES games in particular need about 10mb free space, otherwise you will crash.

    Also note that LJP is not compatible with zlauncher or other memory-resident apps. You'll have to choose between one or the other.
    680 does not need UDMH, I assume the 700 and any other devices with 64M of ram are included.

    And LJP and ZLauncher are fine. ZLauncher is not resident, it is a launcher. Resident would be Butler, Chatter, Verichat, etc, all which work fine.

    The only problem I have is this version doesn't configure correctly for me. The key configurations won't stay the way they're supposed to. Originally I tried setting up the keys in a new configuration, but my ongoing Zelda 3 game was still using the old configuration. So then I tried deleting the INI file which reset them keys to their default settings in Zelda 3, but still could not configure them differently; again Zelda 3's keys were all wonky.

    It was fine with the old version, I think I'll revert back and restore my INI until this is fixed.
  3.    #3  
    Ahem...

    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    We're still trying to get the keyboard working properly in the SNES module
    Thanks for the clarification on the launcher though. I just know I've heard many complaints about it, but if it works for you, great.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  4. #4  
    Yep, I missed the SNES mention. I've gone back to the RC3 version until that's fixed.
  5.    #5  
    They're working on it, I promise. I'll post an update as soon as we can get the SNES module to compile.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  6. #6  
    Does anyone have a bluetooth gamepad that they've tested LJP with and know works well? There only seems to be one option from my quick search, but it would be nice to know that it's worthwhile...

    http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives...oth_gamep.html

    Thanks
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    LJP RC4 has been released, with new Treo keyboard support! We're still trying to get the keyboard working properly in the SNES module, but everything else now supports all treo keys as well as Bluetooth gamepads. Big thanks to Metaview for putting this together, and Tinnus for his hard work.

    Find the download Here, and please read the install guide Here.

    Also, many of you who are complaining of having crashing problems try following these instructions, ignoring the parts specifically about the Lifedrive.

    Also make sure you have and are running UDMH, and have enough free memory on your device to run! SNES games in particular need about 10mb free space, otherwise you will crash.

    Also note that LJP is not compatible with zlauncher or other memory-resident apps. You'll have to choose between one or the other.
    I'm trying to get the SNES key assign to work, everytime I change the keys and try to run LJP on full screen mode. It seems to go back to default. Am I doing something wrong here ?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    I'm trying to get the SNES key assign to work, everytime I change the keys and try to run LJP on full screen mode. It seems to go back to default. Am I doing something wrong here ?
    Yep.. You're missing the rest of this thread. Read it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitefokes View Post
    Does anyone have a bluetooth gamepad that they've tested LJP with and know works well? There only seems to be one option from my quick search, but it would be nice to know that it's worthwhile...

    http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives...oth_gamep.html

    Thanks
    Not sure, but that model specifically states in the review no Palm OS support. I'd look for another.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  10. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #10  
    Looks like I'll have to give LJP another chance since Nesem seems to have been abandoned.
  11. #11  
    As far as I know, there is only one BT gamepad out. It comes with a Palm driver which is useless for LJP and Z-Games. But it is supported nativ in LJP and Z-Games.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  12. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
    Looks like I'll have to give LJP another chance since Nesem seems to have been abandoned.
    Hmmm, still seems a bit clunky on the 650. Can't run smoothing and 1.25 mode at the same time with a decent framerate like with Nesem. Poorer image quality as a result. Quick saves inexplicably have a relatively unresponsive Yes/No menu which defeats the purpose of quick saving. Several resets already. The new keyboard controls work great though. I'm going to try it with the games Nesem can't run like Final Fantasy 2 and 3 and see how it does.

    EDIT: FF2 and 3 run! Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3, which also had problems with Nesem, run fine as well! I can overlook the lower image quality just to play those games again.
    Last edited by aldamon; 04/20/2007 at 11:33 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Metaview has released RC5, which should fix the SNES problem. Grab it here. I won't be able to test until after I get home from work in a few more hours, so be sure to post your results!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  14. #14  
    BLEH. The latest SNES won't load saved files! I hope it hasn't hosed my saved files, that would suck.

    WHEW... It didn't. I've played Zelda 3 way too much to loose it. I definitely will be backing everything up now.
  15. #15  
    I didn't mess with the save-games. What's the problem? You might send me on, to check it.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  16. #16  
    Well, I had the 'official' release on there, been playing Zelda for a while. Backed up the ini and ljp files, installed your rc4. SNES wasn't ready, so I replaced all the files again, went to playing Zelda more.

    So I did the same thing last night.. Backed up ini file (still had the other original files), installed your rc5. When I tried to load the files in Zelda, it always started a new game. When I tried to Load from the OSD, the saved spots were blank.

    Happily, non-destructive.. I replaced with original files again, all is fine. Would it help if I give you my ini, Zelda, and associated Zelda files?
  17. #17  
    RC5 crashed on me ... back to RC3 for now.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Happily, non-destructive.. I replaced with original files again, all is fine. Would it help if I give you my ini, Zelda, and associated Zelda files?
    Yes, it would.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  19. #19  
    I'll PM you, Meta.

    BTW, does anyone know how to fix a problem I'm seeing with Zelda? Some scenes have stuff obscured because the whole area is solid black. Not sure what's supposed to be there, but the last place I saw this happen was a cave with a bunch of holes to navigate through (man that was fun walking blind... I had to make a map in Excel to find the way).

    Now I'm in the Temple of Hera and the initial screen I see the walls, 3 crystals, and the rest is entirely black. If anyone hasn't seen something like this, I can probably take a picture. I doubt I can do a screenshot.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I'll PM you, Meta.

    BTW, does anyone know how to fix a problem I'm seeing with Zelda? Some scenes have stuff obscured because the whole area is solid black. Not sure what's supposed to be there, but the last place I saw this happen was a cave with a bunch of holes to navigate through (man that was fun walking blind... I had to make a map in Excel to find the way).

    Now I'm in the Temple of Hera and the initial screen I see the walls, 3 crystals, and the rest is entirely black. If anyone hasn't seen something like this, I can probably take a picture. I doubt I can do a screenshot.
    Yep, make sure Transparency is checked in the graphics option, and you may have to set the renderer to exact instead of fast. Try both and see which one works.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions