Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Ok so I just got these really cool new headphones. The sound quality is great. The volume is nice and loud and they dont look like Mickey Mouse ears (ala the HT820), The one very BIG issue I have with them is that when I am making a phone calls only the left ear works!

Is there some way to get this thing to play in both ears. This is such a great device but the fact that it only plays in one ear makes it unusable for me as I work in a very loud environment and need it to play in both ears!

Any Ideas?

Ok I just got off of the phone with Motorola. Apparently when the device receives a mono sound like a phone call it only plays the sound in one ear.

What we need is a way to trick the device into thinking that it is getting a stereo sound when making voice calls. Is there a way to do this?
    We have known this for a long time now.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    We have known this for a long time now.
    Long enough to figure out a work around?
    There is no workaround short of buying a different headset. Remember that it is the BT outputting the voice call in mono sound. Some headsets choose to split that sound between both ears and some headsets (like the S9) do not.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    There is no workaround short of buying a different headset. Remember that it is the BT outputting the voice call in mono sound. Some headsets choose to split that sound between both ears and some headsets (like the S9) do not.

There has to be some way to get the BT to tell the phone it is stereo sound. Even if it means making it think all mono sound is stereo.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    No luck here...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I like the call sound being in one ear. I used to take one of the earbuds that came with the treo out when a call came in.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    too bad we can't change the sound to come out of only the right ear! or can we?!?