Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello! I've create a freeware app called KeyGEx.
    It replaces the usual Palm Keyguard app with a more powerful one.

August 18, 2008. Updated to v.1.6

http://users.cosmostv.by/burakou/mob/KeyGexEnhanced.jpg

Download here: CLICK

If you find it interesting - I will be happy!

Kindest Regards,
    Ryhor
    Last edited by ahsirg; 08/18/2008 at 11:13 AM.
    I didn't think it would be worth it, because the info is just duplicating whats at the top of the screen (but not if you are in a specific app). However, pleasantly suprised how much I like this better than the default keyguard. For some reason , this one is easier to unlock then the default keyguard.

Very nice job!!!
  3.    #3  
    Hi!
    its only duplicating the info if you are in phone/launcher. but when you are in Calc or Prefs its very useful IMHO.

Thanks for kind words!
    I was using Keyguardtime+, but it started crashing my 700p, so I've been looking for a replacement that shows on the screen whether my ringer is on or off. KeyGEx works like a charm!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by creamy3 View Post
    I was using Keyguardtime+, but it started crashing my 700p, so I've been looking for a replacement that shows on the screen whether my ringer is on or off. KeyGEx works like a charm!

Thanks!
    had the same problem with keyguardtime+ as well as it draining the battery too bad you can't use the five way nav button to slide the lock to unlock the device...
    Can you also show the voicemail/email icons letting you know how much you have for each? ....ahh...wait, let me try this, it looks cool with the slide down to unlock
    Wow, it is cool, lil fun to play with hehehe. I love how it shows how much battery life I have. Its a keeper!
    What's interesting is that this was just published on PIC yesterday.

Anyway, I tried it today and played with it but didn't keep it. If it acted exactly like the native keyguard then I would have kept it. Two things: 1) when I have keyguard set to activate 5 sec after screen off, KeyGuardEx is active immediately when screen turns off - annoying when your're reading; 2) can't invoke KeyGuardEx with option + power like the native keyguard - I need this to see the time when I'm in an app that doesn't display it.

Seems this is still in beta and I'm sure it will improve with release version. Good effort.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    couldn't you just turn off and on and then the lock would activate and you would see the time without leaving the app?
    That 5 sec thing means only when you have Keyguard active, after 5 seconds then it will shutdown the screen again. It doesn't mean that after 5 seconds you turn off the screen Keyguard will activate. I have to agree, Keyguard EX will show me the time when I just turn on the screen....Ahhh, I see what you mean. when your in an app and press that option and powerbutton, the keyguard will come on for the native keyguard. Thats very cool, I never realized that. Yeah, it would be cool if KeyguardEX does that instead of shutting down the screen and turning it back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    That 5 sec thing means only when you have Keyguard active, after 5 seconds then it will shutdown the screen again. It doesn't mean that after 5 seconds you turn off the screen Keyguard will activate.
    Are you sure? Please investigate your information - you will find that you are mistaken. The 5 second delay is for people who are, for example, reading a page for an extended period and auto-off kicks in. If you press the power button before 5 seconds of the the screen being off then you don't have to unlock keyguard because it hasn't activated yet. I do this on a regular basis. This has been a feature in the PalmOS since I've been using it (Palm III). Which is also why I use the option + power to look at the time. If I turn the screen off then on again without waiting 5 seconds then keyguard will not display. Hope this is clear.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    had the same problem with keyguardtime+ as well as it draining the battery
    How did you discover this about KgT+? How did you narrow it down to KgT+ as the cause?

Just curious...
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    What's interesting is that this was just published on PIC yesterday.
    The one posted on PIC is KeyguardExt v1.01 by Megasoft2000 for $7.95. I believe this one is completely different...
    Treo 650 Verizon
    I believe I am right. I just tried this and everytime it turns off it automatically activates. I changed the setting and it does like I said, after 3 seconds it disappears, then I set it for 5 and it does that after 5. Maybe you are using something else?
    The keyguard prefs don't even have a 3 second setting and the settings that are there clearly say "auto keygaurd/ X seconds after power off"
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    How did you discover this about KgT+? How did you narrow it down to KgT+ as the cause?

Just curious...
    battery would last 2 days for me (I don't use data).
    after installing this software, I would go to sleep with a full charge and in the morning would wake up with nothing. At work, taking it off the charger and having it sit there, it kept draining. This is on a 650. After four days, I took it off, and it battery life was better. Not the greatest scientific testing method...
    Thats true about the battery. I just found this out this morning, I was listening to some music with pTunes, auto shutoff after 30 mins and found I woke up to my Treo warning about battery being need to recharge. It has to be this because this was pretty much the only new app I installed. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    The one posted on PIC is KeyguardExt v1.01 by Megasoft2000 for $7.95. I believe this one is completely different...
    You are correct! My apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I believe I am right. I just tried this and everytime it turns off it automatically activates. I changed the setting and it does like I said, after 3 seconds it disappears, then I set it for 5 and it does that after 5. Maybe you are using something else?
    Lupe, let me explain again. Go to Prefs app: in the general section, tap Keyguard (not KeyGEx which is under 'Other' section). What do you see when you tap the list in Auto-Keyguard? Hopefully it will be self explanatory.

KeyGEx overrides this 5 second delay after power off and activates immediately - no likey.
    I see that but I was talking about KeyGeX, this overides the default keyguard and so you don't have that option Keyguard gives you. With KetGeX once the screen turns off, the KeyGeX activates. It was working good but that battery drain is making this bad to keep.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast