Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know of an app that can provide me with a Today - type view? i'd like it to show appts, icon to phone, email alert, and perhaps customizable shortcuts to my desired apps. plug ins would be nice (eg weather), too

i tried Facer (no alert, not customizable for shortcuts) and also just looked at zlauncher, but that doesn't seem to do what i'd like.

any recommendations?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Here are a couple of options to explore:

2Day
    http://www.shsh.com/

TMP
    http://lilredspider.com/TMP/index.html

I've used both and can recommend them. The 2Day developer is particularly active, and is very responsive to comments and suggestions. Based upon what you're looking for, it sounds like 2Day might be for you.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I like 2day a lot as well - you can also add a lot of plugins for things like weather.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I use 2day by shsh. It is awesome. Here's what it looks like:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...p-C1C7CF63.jpg
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  5.    #5  
    downloaded 2day last nite- looks great! thanks so much for the tip. seems to have all i want... spent hours tweaking it-very customizable.

cigarman... how do you change the fonts-- also i see you can use plugins, but how?

thanks!
    He's probably using FontSmoother. Here's a pic of my current 2day screen.

duke
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    nice screen = thanks. i see you have the weather - hows that work??
    another program by shsh, 4cast is what he is using, then u can use the plugin for 2day
  9.    #9  
    do you know if plugins are only with their products?
    there are a few other weather apps but the only one that i am aware of that has a plugin for 2day is 4cast
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    duke duke, that's it.

eddieras, I am using quicknews rss reader with the beta plugin from shsh. I am also using the plugin for 4cast. Shsh software is great stuff. very customizable and easy to use.

italiangspot: you nailed it too.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Is there somewhere anyone can point me to, to find more skins for the 2Day page, other than the few that are on the shsh page?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
    Is there somewhere anyone can point me to, to find more skins for the 2Day page, other than the few that are on the shsh page?
    Julie K,

You can use pretty much any picture on the treo. Otherwise you need an image that is 320x320, load it on to the card and set it. That is really it.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
  14.    #14  
    any of you guys use the news plug in? i may try that too- thanks again for all your help!
    i dont use the news one, i am by a computer allot so i just check news from there

i do use the 4stocks plugin though
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    Here are a couple of options to explore:

2Day
    http://www.shsh.com/

TMP
    http://lilredspider.com/TMP/index.html

I've used both and can recommend them. The 2Day developer is particularly active, and is very responsive to comments and suggestions. Based upon what you're looking for, it sounds like 2Day might be for you.
    I ditto the above. Both are great. 2day has the plugin feature and TMP is a very clean and functional app. Give them both a try.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    duke duke, that's it.

eddieras, I am using quicknews rss reader with the beta plugin from shsh. I am also using the plugin for 4cast. Shsh software is great stuff. very customizable and easy to use.

italiangspot: you nailed it too.
    cigar - i downloaded quicknews but i'm not getting all the feeds on the 2day page - only about 4 (i have it set to cycle thru). i've updated all the feeds, but i still only get a few on the page. any ideas?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    cigar - i downloaded quicknews but i'm not getting all the feeds on the 2day page - only about 4 (i have it set to cycle thru). i've updated all the feeds, but i still only get a few on the page. any ideas?
    when you go into quicknews do all the feeds have info? Are the feeds stored internally or on the card? if the feeds are on the card, the plugin won't work. Also, open the plugin and check to make sure all the feeds are marked to view.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Just found out about the 2Day app. through this thread - thanks I think it's wonderful. Coming from a WM5 device I find the Palm OS akin to the Mac OS - simple and intuitive. I should give TMP a try sometime. Are both free?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    when you go into quicknews do all the feeds have info? Are the feeds stored internally or on the card? if the feeds are on the card, the plugin won't work. Also, open the plugin and check to make sure all the feeds are marked to view.
    yes, all have info, all are stored internally. here's what i found. the plugin is cycling thru only the articles for a particular feed. for example- if there are 6 articles under BBC, that's all that cycles thru on 2day.

is this correct? i'd prefer it cycle thru all the articles of all the feeds.

just noticed i get a reboot at times when i select the feed from 2day or alos after i have selected the feed from 2day and select GO BACK (to 2day). the treo has rebooted on a couple occasions with both scenarios.
    thanks again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast