1.    #1  
    Good Guy,
    I accidently posted this same thread in the sticky----sorry. So now it's posted here. I have also posted in the Treo750 link, submitted questions directly to Goodlink, asked questions in Howardforums without any feedback. I'm hoping you might shed some light on my issue. Our company has been running goodlink for at least a year. I have used on several different ppc, JAM, Prophet, TyTn & for quite awhile on my Treo. All of a sudden my Treo started freezing typically after a soft reset upon starting Goodlink. If I don't start Good the device would work until it tried to start Goodlink again. Soft resets do not work to fix the problem. I finally had to remove all software & convert to my TyTn/cingular 8525. This device which also runs PPC WM5 has no problem at all. I cannot figure out why. Any thoughts why this is happening & any fix? I don't know if it's a defective device--All the same programs are installed on my TyTn as the Treo. I would really like to go back to the Treo but can't if I can't get Goodlink to run.
    It is important to know what version of GMM you were running on the Treo 750. Some versions do indeed induce multiple freezes per day. Other versions seem to have corrected this fatal flaw.

What is amazing in your case as well as mine (and thousands of others for that matter) is this. Cingular has long been a partner for Goodlink and actively sells Good's software as a solution for corporate mail. On the windows mobile side of the house Cingular has had very few WM devices. At first it was only the SX66. Then along came the 8125. And now there is the Blackjack, 8525 and the 750. But Good refuses to thoroughly test their application on these very few Cingular Windows Mobile devices. Thus their Goodlink/GMM software has been very flawed on every piece of Cingular PDA hardware. Just to give you hope, however, my Treo 750 (now with GMM 4.9.3.21) has done the best job to date dealing with the necessary evil of GMM. I could go on and on about GMM's current bugs and lack of features, but at least it is stable in regards to freezes (although no one at Good can fix the problem where most of our 750 fleet disconnects from the server without warning and stops pushing mail. A soft reset is the only cure to date).
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  3.    #3  
    Our server is on 4.9.3 not sure the rest. The client on the handheld is at 4.8 series. How do you obtain the 4.9 on the handheld?
    Ask your Goodlink administrator. The Goodlink version for the clients is determined by the goodlink administrator. He would have to select the later version for your group (to get you to 4.9.3.21)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    Ask your Goodlink administrator. The Goodlink version for the clients is determined by the goodlink administrator. He would have to select the later version for your group (to get you to 4.9.3.21)
    I did get 4.9.3.21 loaded however now I've noticed that I cannot assign a ring tone or picture to a contact. The nice "speed" dial by picture won't work without a link to a contact with picture. Now can't use that or assign ring tone. Is that what everyone else is experiencing?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Here's a question for 750 users with GoodLink: Can you still see your Pocket Outlook contact database when accessing it from Start/Programs? I have a 750 user that says when they go to Pocket Outlook, the contact app is the GMM contacts. I do not have the device to play with and cannot recreate the problem on other WM handhelds.

Any help would be appreciated!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ea0423 View Post
    Here's a question for 750 users with GoodLink: Can you still see your Pocket Outlook contact database when accessing it from Start/Programs? I have a 750 user that says when they go to Pocket Outlook, the contact app is the GMM contacts. I do not have the device to play with and cannot recreate the problem on other WM handhelds.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Yes...when I select Start/Programs I can access pocket outlook contacts. It's in a separate folder called "Pocket Outlook". The Good folder is also located in Start/Programs of which if entered accesses the "good contacts". In which I might add has a category of "personal" that appears to be a reduced copy of PO contacts. When I say reduced I mean not all the same fields are included as PO contacts allow.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks teride. That is what I found with an 8525, Treo 700W, & 700WX, which was why I was surprised to hear from my customer on the West coast (I'm on the East) that she could not see them. I fear the problem is me not across the way to check the other folders in Start/Programs, or this is a fluke on that Treo's GMM install. I may have them Hard Reset and try again to see if that corrects the Pocket Outlook folder.