Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since palm has decided to shift their focus onto the Windows Mobile platform of devices and software, what about those of us with Palm OS devices? I can't install PRC's onto my 700p from Vista because the current version of Hotsync pre-dates Christ. What's their excuse for delaying the release of that? I bet you it's to force people to upgrade to WM based Treo's that are compatible with Vista OOTB because I'm sure there is some palm-microsoft love making going on behind the scenes.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    hahahahahahahahaha

they are working on a MR, dont hold your breath
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I've posed the same question about a month ago. This doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do. As it is, i keep an older laptop with XP on it and use it to sync what i can't install the other ways.

Hopefully they include that by 5/28 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    Since palm has decided to shift their focus onto the Windows Mobile platform of devices and software, what about those of us with Palm OS devices? I can't install PRC's onto my 700p from Vista because the current version of Hotsync pre-dates Christ. What's their excuse for delaying the release of that? I bet you it's to force people to upgrade to WM based Treo's that are compatible with Vista OOTB because I'm sure there is some palm-microsoft love making going on behind the scenes.
    Maybe because there is no impending palm-user's mutiny regarding the HotSync software yet. I think the only thing that makes Palm move this days is the feeling of fire in their @sses, otherwise they just seat tight - if we are not made aware is broke, why fix it?
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Not sure that I am understand ur problem, but I have a 700p and vista and can hotsync and install prcs just fine...
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Quote from MTDN
    You can still run Palm Desktop and Palm Quick Installer in Vista if u install it in Compatibility Mode as Windows XP SP2. Just Right Click on Installer, select Preferences, go to compatability tab and select "run compatibility Windows XP SP2" This is Still a great piece of software but maybe not necesary.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I think that day will come when Access nee PalmSource does maintenance to the product (Palm Desktop) that they own.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    i had problems too, but you just go on the palm.com site and they have a version of hotsync for vista and it works. cant use the one on the cd that came with your phone
    Quote Originally Posted by RStall View Post
    i had problems too, but you just go on the palm.com site and they have a version of hotsync for vista and it works. cant use the one on the cd that came with your phone
    Are you sure about Vista? All I see is a patch for outlook 2007. It says vista not supported.
    i'm tellin you dude... I have a 700p with sprint and have a brand new vista laptop with office 2007 and the works. Everything syncs up just fine, even with bluetooth. I can in stall prcs just as well...
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Hotsyncing works fine for me in Vista, installing anything using the Palm Quick Install Tool doesn't, Palm Desktop gets stuck at the splash screen, using a Sprint 700p.
    Didn't you see? Dell is going back to selling PCs with XP. Palm won't need to deal with Vista after all.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I did, actually. Somewhere, Bill Gates is sitting in his sold gold bathtub filled with money, crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Didn't you see? Dell is going back to selling PCs with XP. Palm won't need to deal with Vista after all.
    You know, Vista isn't at all as bad as its made out to be, but there's this general consensus on it being horrible, mostly due to misinformation, and also partly because of the hardware manufacturers. Its not a revolutionary upgrade, using Vista, but it is a step forward, which people don't acknowledge. If you're using XP now, there's no reason to pay for an upgrade for your current PC, but if you're buying a new computer, get Vista. The only issues with Vista whatsoever are driver related, other than that its better than XP. Its been entirely solid for me since October when I installed RC1, any crashes were basically due to driver updates that weren't as much of an upgrade as they were a downgrade. Blaming Microsoft for these driver issues, as 95% of the Internet seems to be doing, is entirely ridiculous. Let's face it, Vista was in development for 5 years, so the hardware manufacturers have known about this new system for 2-3 years, but chose to entirely ignore it until the very last second. If there's anyone to blame for Vista's issues (which aren't an issue at all for me, everything I use runs perfectly), its not MS but the hardware manufacturers.
    my quick install works too... weird!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    I don't use it on my Vista machine yet. But as I understand it people are having luck with the 32 bit version- With the 64 bit version, not so much...
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hotsyncing works fine for me in Vista, installing anything using the Palm Quick Install Tool doesn't, Palm Desktop gets stuck at the splash screen, using a Sprint 700p.
    Same with me...
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    jhoff80 summed it up perfectly. ALL of my Vista problems (other than a quirk with activation) have been entirely driver-related and attributed to trying to get older chipsets, printers etc to function with optimal performance.

Other than trying to run older legacy apps and games on it, Vista has been nearly crash-free for me. Palm worked so closely with Microsoft for the release of 700w that it's stunning they (and Access/PalmSource) ignored the imminent release of Vista until the very last moment.

My gut feeling is that a Vista-compliant Palm Desktop is in the can and ready to go but Palm's holding out until after the 755p has been launched. Then Palm will release a downloable version of it on their web site BUT it'll support only the Treo 700p, 680, and Palm TX, Z22 and E2. Why bother supporting EOL'd models, right? Right?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3 View Post
    i'm tellin you dude... I have a 700p with sprint and have a brand new vista laptop with office 2007 and the works. Everything syncs up just fine, even with bluetooth. I can in stall prcs just as well...
    docs to go?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast