Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Palm released a blog post on this:

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2007/05/palm_desktop_on.html

I wanted to let everyone know that we are working on a beta release of the new Windows Vista-compatible Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager software - time frame for the release is this summer. I will make sure to let everyone know when the software is available.
    Hah sounds like the MR.. "time frame release"
    why not just copy the prc to your card and then run it from there instead of the quick install. My new laptop with Vista home premium is on its way.....its a dell, we'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    why not just copy the prc to your card and then run it from there instead of the quick install. My new laptop with Vista home premium is on its way.....its a dell, we'll see how it goes.
    What about programs such as Worldmate Pro and Pocket Quicken which interface with the desktop. Just installing the prc (won't work?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Palm released a blog post on this:

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2007/05/palm_desktop_on.html

Hah sounds like the MR.. "time frame release"
    Yeah, we have to 'sweat it out' until then!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    What about programs such as Worldmate Pro and Pocket Quicken which interface with the desktop. Just installing the prc (won't work?)
    good point
    I don't know what else to say, did you guys read my post above, I explained hot to get install to work with hotsync for those of us who are not able to get the regular installer to work.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well you're the only one it seems. What version of Palm Desktop is it that you have? 4.1.4 for my Sprint Treo 700p doesn't work.
    No he's not. I've been running Home Premium Vista on an HP Touchsmart, and Bluetooth syncing my 700P to Outlook 2007 for a while now. I got help here as always when I first got Vista and never looked back. I don't remember having to uninstall the CD HotSync, but I may have. Good luck.

(LeBron is amazing.)
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Mine syncs everything except for the "tasks". Anyone else see this? Is there a reason or something I can change?
    The people who have it working, again, what version is Palm Desktop, and do you have a Sprint or Verizon 700p?
    V 4.2 Sprint. It has to be installed "correctly"
    Last edited by sxtg; 05/21/2007 at 12:48 PM.
    4.1.4, Sprint 700p
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    Quote from MTDN
    You can still run Palm Desktop and Palm Quick Installer in Vista if u install it in Compatibility Mode as Windows XP SP2. Just Right Click on Installer, select Preferences, go to compatability tab and select "run compatibility Windows XP SP2" This is Still a great piece of software but maybe not necesary.
    I did just that and it does not work
    A.S.d.l.C
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I have a new laptop on order with vista-

so to review-

I need to download the newest install from the palm site and install that first.

install it in 'xp compatibuility' mode.

Use the old fashioned installer.

Keep fingers crossed?

Anyone get tethered mode to work on a VZ 700p for broadband access?

Myself I can just use BT- but I have some lessor bt-less model with vista coming for an employee and I will need to hook him up tethered (or sounds like buy a BT dongle for him?)
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    I have a new laptop on order with vista-

so to review-

I need to download the newest install from the palm site and install that first.

install it in 'xp compatibuility' mode.

Use the old fashioned installer.

Keep fingers crossed?

Anyone get tethered mode to work on a VZ 700p for broadband access?

Myself I can just use BT- but I have some lessor bt-less model with vista coming for an employee and I will need to hook him up tethered (or sounds like buy a BT dongle for him?)
    You need to right click on the Palm installer icon then go to compatiblity tab. Check the xp compatibility mode and run as administrator, click ok. Then for extra measure, right click on the Palm installer and click Run as Adminisrator.
    I just email the apps I want to install to myself and download the attachment to my phone...

Its kind of a crappy work around but it works
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    You need to right click on the Palm installer icon then go to compatiblity tab. Check the xp compatibility mode and run as administrator, click ok. Then for extra measure, right click on the Palm installer and click Run as Adminisrator.

thanks for the advice.

On vista-
    I started setting up my employee's laptop- what a PIA with this run as administrator crap on vista and all the prompts to actually do anything. Seriously are all these extra clics really going to stop the virus punks? it will slow them down but eventually they will get past that crap and so all it does is annoy the users.

We have hosted exchange and it requires some entries to the hosts file. Took me like 2 hours to figure out how the hell to edit the stupid thing in vista.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I just email the apps I want to install to myself and download the attachment to my phone...

Its kind of a crappy work around but it works
    I think for most things that is an alright work around.

Kind of keeps you from being able to run an uninstaller though- so probably best to not 'try out' too many things i suppose. And I guess there's some things that might not work at all for.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    And did anyone get tethered mode to work on vista or am I off to buy a bluetooth dongle?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    V 4.2 Sprint. It has to be installed "correctly"
    Weird, where did you get 4.2 from? Both the install disc and the website only give me 4.1.4.

I've personally tried all of the different compatibility modes, and have UAC turned off, so "Run as administrator" is irrelevant, and nothing works. I rarely Hotsynced on my XP PC anyway, so its really not important at all to me, to install programs I just use the "Send to> Bluetooth device" option, and I backup to the SD card.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    the biggest problem i can figure is- dont you need to do an initial hot sync to get a user name? many third party apps need that to give you the keycode.

What do you folks do to circumvent that- do an initial hotsync on an older machine?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast