1.    #1  
    Sorry about this...but I'm still on the prowl for an SD backup app that actually works; i.e, I can actually Restore a blanked or new 700p from it. Probably has been covered before; so if you can just give me a link, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

DP Huntsman
    10 year Palm owner; now, Verizon 700p, Mac OS 10.3
    only backup card that ever consistently worked was with the Handspring Visor.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    NVBackup is free and it works perfectly (and it's free, did I mention that?)
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=121637
    I have hard reset both my Sprint Treo 650 and 700P and restored them both completely from the backups created on my SD card by BackupBuddy VFS.
    www.bluenomad.com

Cheers, Perry

(But, I believe, all the major backup programs out there for the PalmOS do this . . . . . so maybe I do not understand the question.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/18/2007 at 10:34 AM.
    Let's completely confuse him...BackupMan. Totally reliable...

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-503.html
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    NVBackup is free and it works perfectly (and it's free, did I mention that?)
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=121637
    I second this!! NVBackup is great!! (and free)

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    I use various backup programs, including NVBackup (free and totally reliable), BackupBuddy, RightBackup, the online Backup.NET, and the new online PalmBackup.
    NVBackup is free and works perfectly. I set it to automatically back up my Treo 700P every morning at 6:15 and to reset it afterwards (so I have a clean memory cache to start each day). I have seven cycles of rotating backups, plus every afternoon when I have a moment, I do another rotating manual backup.
    In the past — as I went through three unstable 700Ps before getting this presently stable one (Palm, are you listening?) — I relied on NVBackup for every restoration. No problems at all.
    So I continue to use RightBack occasionally and I continue to have Backup.NET working in the background. They’re backups for my flawless NVBackup. I continue using them because they’re now free to me (having paid already), but when my Backkup.NET subscription runs out, I suspect I’ll let it lapse.
    The new PalmBackup ... Seems to work, but does anyone know how it could be used to restore anything? I haven’t found any instructions about that ... So it seems a tad useless ...
    NVBackup: free and flawless. Why fuss with anything else?
    (Of course, I also synch daily, including backing up my SD card.)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    One more for you, Resco backup. works flawlessly, dumps db cache, and is 100% reliable. Easy.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    BackupManager does not support the restoration of the Java environment. If Java is important, then Resco Backup or NVBackup are excellent solutions. I use Resco Backup. As a note, I also have BackupManager and no longer use it.

Ben
    I second Resco Backup, but also consider Resco Explorer where you can get an excellent file manager (the best imho) and a manual version of Resco Backup.
    I'm a BackupMan man.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by canladdie View Post
    (Of course, I also synch daily, including backing up my SD card.)
    First off....thanks for all the honest comments and leads. I'm really glad i discovered this board.

canladdie - how do you 'backup my SD card' also?

dph
    Quote Originally Posted by dphuntsman View Post
    how do you 'backup my SD card' also?

dph
    Fortunately, I have a built-in card reader on my laptop. You can also buy a card reader for about $20. Before my new laoptop, I used a SanDisk MobileMate SD+.

I backup my SD card weekly to my laptop and back up my laptop weekly to an external hard drive.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    NVBackup works great! I just installed it yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by dphuntsman View Post
    First off....thanks for all the honest comments and leads. I'm really glad i discovered this board.

canladdie - how do you 'backup my SD card' also?

dph
    Another way would be to use something like Card Export application that allows you to put files on your sd card via the hotsync cable and I assume backup the sd card itself