Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
       #1  
    Best accessory for Treo: iPhone

    Oh the years Treos had to develop easy to use software

    Gone
  2. #2  
    It's almost a haiku.
  3. #3  
    Hasn't this been mentioned enough in the multiple 700p, Palm bashing threads???
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss View Post
    Best accessory for Treo: iPhone

    Oh the years Treos had to develop easy to use software

    Gone
    Let me know when the iPhone is capable of letting me:

    -Connect to and control my network server and desktop (VNC)

    -Run and program diagnostics on my car

    -Tune my guitar, and learn new chords

    - Use an email client to MY liking

    -Add any music file without having to have an iTunes account, and use their stupid software

    -Let me have multiple dictionaries, encylopedia, and other reference guides.

    -Run thousands of games and other programs, most of which have several vendors to choose from. (I don't have to like the Apple software pushed on me).

    - Customize the interface to my liking, and I don't mean just changing the wallpaper.

    There is a place/need for this device, but it certainly does not replace my Treo's functionality.

    -B
  5. #5  
    I personally think the iphone will be the newton of our day LOL....
    great device, few followers.
  6. #6  
    Run diagnostics on your car, wha? Ooohh, I gotta hear more about that!

    AC
  7. #7  
    Go ahead and censor me, forum.

    BULL****.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamcanion View Post
    Run diagnostics on your car, wha? Ooohh, I gotta hear more about that!

    AC
    ProDIAG for VW/AUDI. Serial cable connects Treo to car's data port. I've reprogrammed my door locks, and radio, as well as regulary monitor for faults. Theoretically, I could tweak the performance of the car's chip, but I haven't done that.

    I would suppose there are other similar tools for other car manufacturers.

    -B
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
    ProDIAG for VW/AUDI. Serial cable connects Treo to car's data port. I've reprogrammed my door locks, and radio, as well as regulary monitor for faults. Theoretically, I could tweak the performance of the car's chip, but I haven't done that.

    I would suppose there are other similar tools for other car manufacturers.

    -B
    Seriously!!
    I have to go check BMW!!
    I haven't been this aroused since, oh y'all aren't interested in that......
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
  10. #10  
    I'm a broke med student, I'll check Ford!! haha
  11. #11  
    Without a keyboard, to me the iPhone is useless. I hate using a touch screen and stylus to type...or even hand writing recognition....yuck. Give me a realy QWERTY keyboard anytime. Without a the 5-way button, one handed use is gone. You need one hand to hold the phone and one to hit the screen. Another thing....no user replaceable battery. No spares in case you run low on juice....you'd better be close to another power source! These are just too many obstacles for me and any potential communication device. For the time being, I'm sticking with my tried and true 650 which does everything I need INCLUDING streaming video from my SlingBox! Woo Hoo!

Posting Permissions