Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Treos,

Simple question. When we are able to update our Treo's with the new Treo ROM update from Palm in May - will the ROM update erase our data like contacts, calendar etc? I know about hotsynching and all that - but just please answer the technical question. Thank you.

Thank you

p.s. I am so tired of my Treo freezing when I send a text message or make a call.
    as with ALL Palm fw updates, it will first BACKUP your data during the sync, then it will wipe it all out.

--after the update process, it will ask you to hotsync again to "retrieve" the info
    It would also be a good idea to use a backup program (such as NVbackup, although I don't know if that works with the 700p or not) to make another backup to your SD card.
    What they (Palm) have typically done in the past is have you create a new user name in the desktop POS and the firmware will sync to that. Yes all your data will go bye bye but you wouldve hotsynced to your current user name right before the next hotsync.

There usually is 3 hotsyncs in the process.

1 to backup
    2 to put in firmware
    3 to restore your data
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    The instructions will be posted along with the update and they're pretty precise. Not to mention, TC will have no less than six open threads with members helping the n00bs step by step...
    How do I get rid of that golden bell that flashes?

How do I get rid of that snowflake that flashes?

Hi Mr Obvious... first time, long time...
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I especially enjoy how the post was addressed:

"Treos,"

If I could address my 700p thusly, I might say something along the lines of:

"You really disappointed me."

Sorry to wax existential, just struck me as funny.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    was a little bit geeky. I am new to the treo community thats all and sometimes its the simple questions that are the most challenging to someone who is newer to the platform.