Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to personally thank Bob-C for all his hard work. I honestly dont think there would even be an update "estimated the week of May 28th" without his efforts.

I also want to thank Merlin. Without him silly season wouldve been miserable. Him laying his hands on a real 700P even before Palm annouced its existence.

How about a shout out to ShadowMite?

Last but not least thanks to Perry for his eternal optimism in Palm and life in general.

With all the negativity surrounding the annoucement of a delay I wanted to be positive for a second.

For those who post regullarly that I didnt thank (surur, christina etc etc) dont feel left out I just wanted to shine a light to those who have really put a lot on the line and made TC what it is.

Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    A- Men!!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    My deepest and sincerest thanks to Bob-C and the gang. I really appreciate you taking the lead on this and seeing it through this far. Thanks.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Same here, & also ALL the TreoCentral members....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Perry is the reason I read the 700p threads...I don't even have one. His kindness and optimism are a huge part of the heart of Treocentral.

Look Perry! Two yellow!!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Ditto.
    WOW, Thanks all.

A definite shout out to Bob-C and Merlyn. Their efforts have certainly moved things forward. I believe the new Palm Blog is a direct result of their efforts and I would like to make a pitch here that we all keep our comments there upbeat and constructive.

Communication has responsibility on both sides -- and if that blog turns into a center for bashing -- it will get shut down. So let's enjoy the fruits of Bob's and Merlyn's efforts and use it responsibly!

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/18/2007 at 07:52 AM.
    Agreed. Thanks a TON to the community for raising this issue. Ironic that the ONE Treo I don't get for myself ends up having a ton of issues that I don't experience firsthand.

Thank you all.
    Here, here! Bob-C and the gang have turned a bunch of voices into a useful outlet that has brought us results! Lets continue to encourage contructive criticisms and methods so that we can continue to get what we want and need!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    YUP YUP thanks Ya'll
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  11.    #11  
    That's the spirit!
    There is no spoon.
  12.    #12  
    The more I think about it and the more I read posts that concur, I cant help but assume that if it werent for Bob-C than none of this wouldve ever happened. (assuming it EVER happens)
    There is no spoon.
    Me too. Thanks to all that have made my Treo experience easier and more productive.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I wanted to personally thank Bob-C for all his hard work. I honestly dont think there would even be an update "estimated the week of May 28th" without his efforts.

I also want to thank Merlin. Without him silly season wouldve been miserable. Him laying his hands on a real 700P even before Palm annouced its existence.

How about a shout out to ShadowMite?

Last but not least thanks to Perry for his eternal optimism in Palm and life in general.

With all the negativity surrounding the annoucement of a delay I wanted to be positive for a second.

For those who post regullarly that I didnt thank (surur, christina etc etc) dont feel left out I just wanted to shine a light to those who have really put a lot on the line and made TC what it is.

Thanks!
    There is no doubt that the gallant and tireless efforts of Bob-C and other deserve public recognition and our deepest admiration.

Thanks to you all for channeling our voices with direction and purpose.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Hdhntr, from one headhunter to another: Well put and an example of the civility and general good vibe (notwithstanding all our *****ing!) that makes this board a wonderful, useful thing.

Hunt well, all.

David
    I took almost a week off from TreoCentral after the announcement that the firmware release date was a bit further away than I had expected. So I almost missed this thread. A big flattered thank you/your welcome to Hdhntr23 for starting it.

I want to give a Purple Heart medal to Merlyn-3D who unjustly found himself in some keyboard to keyboard combat with a lot of persons unfairly. Curiously enough, I just noticed that several of those persons were also the few who took the time to vote NO in the original Rally poll. Way to pull through M-3D and remember... we leave no man behind.

Just so I didn't miss any of these types of threads or posts I have replied to everyone who thanked me in the following thread linked here. I also talk about a charity cause, the MS Walk, that affects both myself and 400,000 other Americans who have Multiple Sclerosis. I will be re-directing my full attention back to this event and away from the Firmware issue for the next two weeks. I would appreciate it if everyone took just a few minutes to read about it. Any sponsorship would be deeply appreciated.

The thread is:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=141634

Thank you for your attention.

-Bob
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Add me to the list that thanks all of the above, especially Bob-C for taking on and actually WRITING a letter to Palm on our behalf. It put Palm on the spot effectively.

I've had numerous conversations with their upper-level staff, and yet Bob-C has shown that taking the time to write a well-reasoned letter forced Palm to respond, as useless as much of their response is turning out to be. But I think the previous posters are correct: our combined work has led to the creation of the Palm blog and other actions by Palm to try and clear their name.

In fact, due to the radically heightened level of criticism heaped on Palm, I'm very hopeful that the upcoming Treo 755 will be released in a *MUCH* better state than any previous "Palm" -designed Treos. If Palm accepts our feedback and channels it into better product design and testing (rather than excuses), everyone will benefit.

Maybe someday soon these boards will be loaded up with "optimistic Perrys" singing praises to how troublefree the new Treos have become. That would be wonderful.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Add me to the list that thanks all of the above, especially Bob-C for taking on and actually WRITING a letter to Palm on our behalf. It put Palm on the spot effectively.

I've had numerous conversations with their upper-level staff, and yet Bob-C has shown that taking the time to write a well-reasoned letter forced Palm to respond, as useless as much of their response is turning out to be. But I think the previous posters are correct: our combined work has led to the creation of the Palm blog and other actions by Palm to try and clear their name.

In fact, due to the radically heightened level of criticism heaped on Palm, I'm very hopeful that the upcoming Treo 755 will be released in a *MUCH* better state than any previous "Palm" -designed Treos. If Palm accepts our feedback and channels it into better product design and testing (rather than excuses), everyone will benefit.

Maybe someday soon these boards will be loaded up with "optimistic Perrys" singing praises to how troublefree the new Treos have become. That would be wonderful.

Hi Joad !!

I am positively optimistic about that the efforts by all in this regard were too late to have had a major effect on the 755p -- that puppy was in the oven 18 months ago. . . . maybe some extra testing at the end is the best case scenario. What it will be, will be. . . . . . from the Palm that was pre-blog. Palm should be happy that they have a passionate user base. . . . . . and our collective voice now has an outlet due to Bob-C and Merlyn_3D.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/24/2007 at 08:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Sincere thanks to Bob-C, Merlyn, and Perry - the spirit of TC. Fine job guys. You deserve all the above praise and more for your efforts.
    I gotta have more cowbell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast