Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't buy a 755 when it comes out. Wait for the MR for your 700p which "will" make it work like a new phone. Don't give them your money like we've all done in the past. This was the last straw. I can't believe they released like 10 new phones since the 700p last year but haven't been able to release a patch for this one. Cop out. Times up. They lose and so do we.
  2.    #2  
    BTW, has anyone else noticed that it's a bit strange that a company as well known and "big" as palm JUST came up with the idea of creating a blog for themselves? I get the feeling not a lot of people over there know how to run a company. (check out their website which is full of mispellings and incorrect links as examples).
    And if the 700p update is crappy, then buy into the Apple experience.

Note: I fully expect that the update will be *NOT Crappy!* :-)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Second vote for 'DON'T BUY PALM (ACCESS)'. Please learn from my experience. I've bought anywhere from 5 to 10 Palm devices and most of them have had significant hardware flaws (digitizer problems, low memory, application lags, bluetooth problems, etc.) All these problems have caused me to spend money exchanging units with Palm, debugging accesories, buying software that bypasses the numeorus flaws and eventually buying the latest model hoping my suffering will end. Reading about how software developers were also frustrated with Palm's programming changes from one model to the next was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
    No, if you really want to teach Palm a lesson send a quick email to The Wall Street Journal detailing your experience. They may not answer to thier customers, but they will answer to their share holders.
    wsj.ltrs@wsj.com
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    Don't buy a 755 when it comes out. Wait for the MR for your 700p which "will" make it work like a new phone. Don't give them your money like we've all done in the past. This was the last straw. I can't believe they released like 10 new phones since the 700p last year but haven't been able to release a patch for this one. Cop out. Times up. They lose and so do we.
    I'm avoiding future Palm like the plague..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Hmmm.

Buy a 700p when it first comes out --> Pain.

Buy a 755p when it first comes out --> ???

What's the if/then logic string to expect here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Hmmm.

900P
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Hmmm.

Kick self in testicles.

Dump Treo on eBay.

Purchase BB or iPhone.
    Hmmm.

I think this same analogy can be applied to most electronic devices (especially if it's one that a lot of people have been wanting badly for a while; the better sounding it is, the more problems it's going to have). Generally, I try not to be an early adopter of new technology just because

-It's always more expensive
    -It's always going to have more bugs than future releases
    -I know I'm gonna be one of those unpaid beta testers

If this update goes well, then I'll try and pick up a cheap 700p, unless the 755 actually has upgrades worth spending money on (although Even EvDO Rev A wouldn't draw me to it, I don't think it would be worth the $650, vs spending $300-$350 on a 700p.) If neither one delievers, I'll wait for the next WM Treo. I like WM's functionality better anyways (I'm just still addicted to the simplicity of PalmOS).
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    BTW, has anyone else noticed that it's a bit strange that a company as well known and "big" as palm JUST came up with the idea of creating a blog for themselves? I get the feeling not a lot of people over there know how to run a company. (check out their website which is full of mispellings and incorrect links as examples).
    I don't think they JUST came up with the idea...I'm sure it took a lot of work to get one OK'd. Adding blogs to your customer communication mix takes a lot of buy-in from senior management. It fits the mold better in some companies vs others.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I have an Idea, I think I should stop coming by this site as I'm tired of all the cry babies and bee otching
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    If this update goes well, then I'll try and pick up a cheap 700p, unless the 755 actually has upgrades worth spending money on (although Even EvDO Rev A wouldn't draw me to it, I don't think it would be worth the $650, vs spending $300-$350 on a 700p.) If neither one delievers, I'll wait for the next WM Treo. I like WM's functionality better anyways (I'm just still addicted to the simplicity of PalmOS).
    I'd do it right before the update is released. If the update goes well, it's going to be more difficult to find a "cheap" 700p. If it goes badly, you'll still be within the return period...
    I already voted with my money and feet.

Best thing about owning a non-Treo phone: I don't have to pay the $7 phone insurance.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1445 View Post
    I have an Idea, I think I should stop coming by this site as I'm tired of all the cry babies and bee otching
    dont let the door hitcha.......
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1445 View Post
    Oh Brad! What's up with this whiny post...it seems like "cry babying" and "bee otching" on your part.

Being a FREE community, you are totally FREE to start your own thread to discuss how much all us "cry babies and bee otching" bother you...then you won't need to read this thread anymore.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I'd do it right before the update is released. If the update goes well, it's going to be more difficult to find a "cheap" 700p. If it goes badly, you'll still be within the return period...
    Nah, I think I'd still be able to find a 700p at a decent price. There are people on Craigslist selling p's and wx's for 300-350, with some going as low as 250. Heck, I bought my 650 with the box, and extra accessories for $100, when people are still buying 650's for $150 to $200. I don't think the vast majority of 700p users will even know about the update, as bad as it sounds...
    I'm happy with my 700p, don't expect to get much joy out of the update. I'll be right behind Perry when he gets his 900p. Hopefully they will have more than one.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I'm with Rich & Perry. Unless the 755p has Chatter integrated into the ROM, I will stick with the 700p until a 900p comes out. The 700p works fine for me now and will only get better with the ROM update. I do like the form factor on the 755 better, but not $400 better.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Nah,.... I don't think the vast majority of 700p users will even know about the update, as bad as it sounds...
    If you drink from the Palm fountain, then you understand that most treo owners don't even know there are any problems! (Talk about a marketing blunder: call all your users retards!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast