1.    #1  
    May 28th 2007? What a ****ing joke.

You know what, that's fine by me. If the patch fixes everything and makes the phone work, that's great. You know why? Because there's no ****ing chance in hell that I'll be going out and buying a 755 or whatever when it first comes out to deal with this bull**** again. This is absurd. Once they release the fix to make the 700p work, there will be little to no reason to justify upgrading and giving them more of my money. That's it and I'm done with supporting palm and their bull****.
    With all due respect to everyone, anyone who falls for the 755 is a fool. All it is is a 700p sans antenna.
    You'd think they would focus on all the glaring defects and problems with a current model and not wrap it in a new birthday suit and give it a new name.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    With all due respect to everyone, anyone who falls for the 755 is a fool. All it is is a 700p sans antenna.
    You'd think they would focus on all the glaring defects and problems with a current model and not wrap it in a new birthday suit and give it a new name.
    I am sure it will have the Phone UI of the 680, native support for SDHC's, and the implementations of the 700p ROM update...making it a tweeked 700p with its antennae lopped off! Of course, you could enjoy the already-ample aftermarket support it would have from the 750/680!

I will wait for the Linux-based Treo to be released later this year before I get the 755p...unless it was offered to me for free!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    But how else will Ed Colligan be able to afford to bathe in his gold-lined bathtub? Buy the 755p! He needs your money!
  5.    #5  
    Hell f'ing yeah. That's right - it's going to be nothing more than a 700p without an antenna. I'm glad people around here have brains and can see that palm has become a big joke (or whatever).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    But how else will Ed Colligan be able to afford to bathe in his gold-lined bathtub?
    By selling his company! He's not retarded. He's going to be just fine.
    Palm's true intentions will be recognized by year's end. Every company has a bad year (or more)...lets hope this was Palm's year and the Linux Treo will thrust them back into the forefront of the marketplace!
    If the MR fixes the stability, bluetooth, and lag issues, I'll be a happy camper. I've got the short antenna, so no need to upgrade. The additional 1mm in size or whatever is no biggie.
    There are rumors that the 755 might have EvDO Revision A, but I don't think that's going to be enough to warrant another $650.

Even if the 755 has Rev A, the only other obvious changes are:

-No antenna (not worth money IMO, I kind of like the antenna, but wouldn't care if it was removed)
    -Potentially smaller battery - they might move to 1200 mAh like the 680 and 750, but this would just be an extremley stupid move. But then again, what stopped them from making that stupid move on the 680 and 750?

Apart from those two, everything else would just be small software changes, which once again, aren't really worth money. If anything, most of us will probably just try and rip them from the 755p and put them on the other PalmOS Treos. I know there's already a copy of the IM app from the 755 floating around, so who knows what's next.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    ...I know there's already a copy of the IM app from the 755 floating around, so who knows what's next.
    Really? And where is this?!
    I'm glad Palm has decided to communicate with us. One thing is clear now- I will never purchase a new Treo until there has been at least one MR for it. If everyone did this, it would force Palm to make MR's quickly since they'd have financial interest in doing so.
    <br>
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    you know it does seem weird. a revision of an older phone right after its successor comes out. sort of like ms vista coming out and then two weeks later coming out with xp service pack 2. it seems strange, i am not expecting much from the rom update. for most of us, this update is going to knock out the 755p market. i bet this update is going to wet our appetite enough to get the 755p, and i will be suckered in like i always am for a new palm treo. only reason why i even stick with treos is because they have sd cards and not those punk mine and micro sd cards
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    I'm glad Palm has decided to communicate with us. One thing is clear now- I will never purchase a new Treo until there has been at least one MR for it. If everyone did this, it would force Palm to make MR's quickly since they'd have financial interest in doing so.
    It seems to me the best strategy with Palm's novel business model is to buy the desired phone around it's EOL; you will get it cheaper, and maybe stable and functional by then.

Seems at Palm, pre-release testing is their version of alpha-testing and the product life cycle their version of the beta-testing. So, following their development cycle phylosophy, it becomes obvious the EOL stage becomes the scheduled final release version.

Maybe we all have misunderstood Palm through the years; suddenly, I don't feel so mad at Palm anymore.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 04/19/2007 at 09:35 AM.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo