Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 262
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Almost no one else on this forum gets the kind of BT-related problems as merlyn and SOMEHOW he has the exact same problem on all four of his phones. Hmmm. Sounds like a strong case for user error to me. Whether it is third party software, the BT headsets that are being used, etc. is unknown.
    Even though I have yet to have a reset due to BT, I have had BT faults...static (solution is to press a number while on call), low volume, random un-pairing, and lack of features. And read the rest of the forum, as you will find the letter from Palm stating their knowledge of BT problems. But he hasnt posted since, so lets leave him with the 'Dumb Post of the Month'!
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Keep in mind "the week of May 28th" doesn't mean the 28th, which is Memorial Day (holiday)! That said, I highly doubt it will release on the 28th!
    There is much optimism around this May 28th date. Palm hasn't even said they WILL release the patch the week of the 28th. They said their "best estimate" is the 28th. Why should we have any more faith in this date than their previous best estimate of "1st Quarter."

    I'll believe it when I see it. Not a day before.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3. #143  
    If Sinclair has gained any sense for "managing expectations" in this process . . . . . May 28th should be the "if things get delayed again date" rather than being "the first possible date of release."

    But hey, maybe he is a masochist and loves the public floggings.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Not a day before.
    ^^ Ain't that the "golden rule" when dealing with Palm's marketing hype.

    And if Palm/the Carriers EOL the 700p in mid-May (as all reports seem to indicate), you can bet if they *EVER* release this patch, it will be the last and they will move on to ignoring purchasers of their OTHER devices.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  5. #145  
    Actually that's very true... one of the downsides of the patch being released this late (upsides for Palm) is that it will most likely be "as is". In other words if this ends up breaking something else on the phone, we will not be getting an MR to fix that. We'll be left having to pick the best of two evils. I'm sure Palm's position will be "the 700p is sooooo 2006... you need to upgrade".
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Would you kindly read Steve Sinclair\'s letter\'s and his blog posting before talking about user induced BT failures. In case you missed those here is a recap...Palm has ACKNOWLEDGED the BT implementation on the 700p is FAULTY and they had a VERY HARD time TRYING to fix it with a simple patch so a maintenance release was needed - their words not mine (paraphrased of course).

    Can we stop with the \"there is nothing wrong with the BT line\" already. I am happy that yours works as advertised, mine and many others around here DON\'T because is FAULTY (again Palm\'s own admission), and that IS A FACT.
    Try reading before posting this crap. I never said that the BT was perfect on the 700p. What I DID say was that I have NEVER had my headset un-pair on its own. Of course we would all like better range, better carkit compatibility, better headset compatibility (disconnects) and the like.

    Was Merlyn the one who knelt down in front of Palm last year? Yum, yum.
  7. #147  
    I'm not trying to take sides by saying this, but I'm noticing that there are a few people now taking excerpts from Steve Sinclairs emails and fervently holding them up to others as admissions of guilt and in some cases the basis for a lawsuit.

    And we wonder why companies like Palm can't be more open with their customers.....
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Almost no one else on this forum gets the kind of BT-related problems as merlyn and SOMEHOW he has the exact same problem on all four of his phones. Hmmm. Sounds like a strong case for user error to me. Whether it is third party software, the BT headsets that are being used, etc. is unknown.
    Really?

    I have random resets on call receipt on both my new BMW and also on
    my Palm approved Jabra JX-10 earpiece.

    Random - as in I might get 50 calls in a row w/ no problem, then 1 suddenly
    resets the entire device with no record of the call.



    Jim
    Last edited by ToolkiT; 04/20/2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: removed personal attack
  9. #149  
    ajabbari,
    I sort of agree with you, but people feel burned and probably need to vent. I'm sure Steve realizes this, and after we all calm down and accept what he has said, the air will clear for him to say more. We should be undestanding of what Palm is trying to do regarding this fix while remaining firm about what we really need. Other than encouraging Palm to say more about how the testing is goimg. and asking what to expect in the release, we should give Steve the benefit of the doubt for the time being. (I'm not saying my expectations are medium or really low at the moment. only that Steve might be finding it hard to get a word in edge-wise while we are all shouting at him. There will be plenty of time to shout (or rejoice) after the release arrives or the target date passes again,)

    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  10. #150  
    "I have random resets on call receipt on both my new BMW and also on my Palm approved Jabra JX-10 earpiece."

    Wow, that really is bad. Glad I stuck with the 650. I never would've dreamed the 700p could cause your car to reset .

    Course, then again, that's one powerful handset ya got there.
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Try reading before posting this crap. I never said that the BT was perfect on the 700p. What I DID say was that I have NEVER had my headset un-pair on its own. Of course we would all like better range, better carkit compatibility, better headset compatibility (disconnects) and the like.

    Was Merlyn the one who knelt down in front of Palm last year? Yum, yum.
    Perhaps I am not be able to read that well, however, I didn't read exactly that on yesterday's post:

    Originally Posted by nsxprime http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/viewpost.gif
    Almost no one else on this forum gets the kind of BT-related problems as merlyn and SOMEHOW he has the exact same problem on all four of his phones. Hmmm. Sounds like a strong case for user error to me. Whether it is third party software, the BT headsets that are being used, etc. is unknown.

    What I read here is...

    1. You stated that almost no one else on these forums but Merlyn is having these BT problems - unlikely given the abundant number of posts all over regarding BT problems. Furthermore, is already a fact the BT implementation has a fault.

    2. That Merlyn is somehow incapable of correctly using a BT headset (and no less than four you sarcastically added) with his Treo - besides being a cheap shot at Merlyn, nothing that I have read of him in the past suggest that he is a n00b with Treos. Oh and again, the BT implementation is known to be faulty.

    3. Advanced your theory of strong case of user error (as a cause of the BT failures I assume), perhaps colored by the choice of BT headsets and/or software installed on Merlyn's Treo - I fail to understant the user error thing, either you pair or you not, either you connect or you not. And once again, the BT implemetation is known to have some bugs that Palm is supposedly trying to fix.

    Where did I go wrong? How did I missread you Merlyn-bashing post?

    I guess if you would start by NOT posting crappy personal attacks, you won't be disappointed at the responses you get.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Perhaps I am not be able to read that well, however, I didn't read exactly that on yesterday's post:

    Originally Posted by nsxprime http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/viewpost.gif
    Almost no one else on this forum gets the kind of BT-related problems as merlyn and SOMEHOW he has the exact same problem on all four of his phones. Hmmm. Sounds like a strong case for user error to me. Whether it is third party software, the BT headsets that are being used, etc. is unknown.

    What I read here is...

    1. You stated that almost no one else on these forums but Merlyn is having these BT problems - unlikely given the abundant number of posts all over regarding BT problems. Furthermore, is already a fact the BT implementation has a fault.

    2. That Merlyn is somehow incapable of correctly using a BT headset (and no less than four you sarcastically added) with his Treo - besides being a cheap shot at Merlyn, nothing that I have read of him in the past suggest that he is a n00b with Treos. Oh and again, the BT implementation is known to be faulty.

    3. Advanced your theory of strong case of user error (as a cause of the BT failures I assume), perhaps colored by the choice of BT headsets and/or software installed on Merlyn's Treo - I fail to understant the user error thing, either you pair or you not, either you connect or you not. And once again, the BT implemetation is known to have some bugs that Palm is supposedly trying to fix.

    Where did I go wrong? How did I missread you Merlyn-bashing post?

    I guess if you would start by NOT posting crappy personal attacks, you won't be disappointed at the responses you get.

    Add me to BT issue. I have problems with keeping it paired and it resetting the phone when I get a call.


    But also for people who are not having problems thats great that means you either done use it enough or you dont use it at all.. Its like the countless well I dont have SMS lockup.. And I ask well how many texts do you send a month.... Answer is usually 10-50 texts a month.. Well thats great I send about 3,000 texts a month, I use the feature more and in tern my odds of having a lock up or a reset are a heck of lot greater than the causal user almost to the point that my odds of having a text message lock up happens several times a day even after hard resets.
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari View Post
    I'm not trying to take sides by saying this, but I'm noticing that there are a few people now taking excerpts from Steve Sinclairs emails and fervently holding them up to others as admissions of guilt and in some cases the basis for a lawsuit.

    And we wonder why companies like Palm can't be more open with their customers.....
    I am guilty as charged...but I am only using Palms words as a vehicle to stress that the ones that have experienced problems with the Treo 700p (and evidently not everyone has) are partially caused by issues with the hardware/software implemetation as expressed to us by Palm representatives already.

    Personally, I feel a lawsuit over this issue is useless, we will end up getting nothing tangible for our efforts if that way is pursued. You fight the fights worth fighting, but there is where I will draw the line.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  14. vMAC's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Add me to BT issue. I have problems with keeping it paired and it resetting the phone when I get a call.


    But also for people who are not having problems thats great that means you either done use it enough or you dont use it at all..
    Here we go again......

    I use bluetooth probably more then anyone on this forum. I'm on conference calls with my headest at least 2 to 3 hours everyday, until the battery dies then I'm on the speakerphone. Then when I get back to the hotel I'm typically on PDANet with bluetooth playing poker on ultimatebet for at least 4 hours.

    So I use it, just don't have the problems that you do........

    Its like the countless well I don't have SMS lockup.. And I ask well how many texts do you send a month....
    700-1000 and only time my locks up is when I'm on a plane, and typically it will then send 4 texts after like 5 mins. But I never have to reset to get back to the Home screen or to send another text.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    Here we go again......
    I have observed that a number of you seem to have a very functional Treo, I suspect there may be some manufacturing quality issues at the assembly plant that perhaps may account for some of these discrepancies.

    I do believe a number of you have no substantial problems with this device, others like myself unfortunately do, lack of relieable bluetooth functionality is one of mine.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    Here we go again......

    I use bluetooth probably more then anyone on this forum. I'm on conference calls with my headest at least 2 to 3 hours everyday, until the battery dies then I'm on the speakerphone. Then when I get back to the hotel I'm typically on PDANet with bluetooth playing poker on ultimatebet for at least 4 hours.

    So I use it, just don't have the problems that you do........



    700-1000 and only time my locks up is when I'm on a plane, and typically it will then send 4 texts after like 5 mins. But I never have to reset to get back to the Home screen or to send another text.
    To both NSXPrime and vMAC (and all the other naysayers)...

    Okay, for all you naysayers, I really only have one question: what the heck is your point?


    Come on guys, I'm sick of the cheap shots, I'm sick of you guys coming in here and saying "well I don't have any problems!"....SO WHAT? What is your point? What are you trying to convince us of? Maybe.....just maybe....you think you don't have any problems because you haven't noticed them yet, did you ever think of that? You know, I could easily take cheap shots back at you guys and say things such as "well maybe you're just to dumb to notice it's happening" but I don't. Instead I suggest of ways that you might be missing the symptoms of the bugs. I try to be professional and not insult people here, and I feel I'm deserving of the same treatment. Just ask Perry, he didn't think he was having the bluetooth disconnect, but after I laid out the steps to catch the bug (it took him a little while before it happened) he finally found that it was indeed happening to him to.

    You guy are sick of the "whining", I'm sick of the minority trying to shut up the majority of the frustrated users here. You don't want to read the "whining"....don't click on threads where you can plainly see the subject is along the lines of "whining". No one is forcing you to read these, you are here as a product of your own free will.

    What do you possibly hope to achieve by saying that your 700p is 100% free of the bugs that inflict all 700p's?
  17. #157  
    I believe the problems exist. I don't believe they do inflict ALL 700p's

    And Loudest doesn't = majority. It just doesn't! Why you insist on telling people that thier 700p doesn't behave the way they say it does is beyond me. What you hope to achieve by this is beyond me.
  18. vMAC's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    I'm sick of the cheap shots, I'm sick of you guys coming in here and saying "well I don't have any problems!"....SO WHAT?
    What cheapshot have I every directed at you? Don't think I have....I've just provided my perspective on the 700p. I would also so that I could say the same thing back to you right? You are having problems with your 700p; so what?

    You guy are sick of the "whining", I'm sick of the minority trying to shut up the majority of the frustrated users here.
    I'm not trying to shut you up....i may be sick of the whining but I'm not trying to shut you up. I'm providing my opinion just as you are? Is your opinion worth more than mine? Is this not a forum where people are supposed to discuss things in a sensible manner?

    You don't want to read the "whining"....don't click on threads where you can plainly see the subject is along the lines of "whining". No one is forcing you to read these, you are here as a product of your own free will.
    Again the same could be said to you, I don't have a problem with you at all. Don't have a problem with anyone on this thread, but you are here of your own free will also and I thought the point of having a forum is to discuss issues; in the case of this forum, discuss the treo.

    What do you possibly hope to achieve by saying that your 700p is 100% free of the bugs that inflict all 700p's?
    Please read my posts, I have never said that my Treo is free of problems. I have never said that Palm is perfect of that my 700p is perfect. Actually I have said the opposite. But I will hold to my contention that the 700p is far from a piece of (insert any adjective used freely in this forum) and actually is a good phone and pda that has far more features than it has flaws. I don't wish to achieve anything except for dialog, maybe I'm wrong though but I thought that was what forums and the internet was for.....to share ideas/opinions.
  19. #159  
    Is clear we can acomplish more in this forum if while collectively waiting for the Maintenance Release we (myself included) keep our cool while posting and avoid unnecessary personal attacks.

    We most agree to disagree on this Treo functionality issue, neither side is to blame here. We will get the patch in time, will install and make a call regarding how useful it came to be, then move on the best we can.

    Merlyn, I share your frustration, I too have very similar problems with my phone (and several more deployed across my business). Now that Palm has finally found the problem we may get some relief when they finally release the ROM patch in a few weeks.

    Likewise, I do believe there are a number of other users that have experienced few substantial problems so far. The reasons are unknown to me, but I recall that sometime back there was a discussion about an ID number on ROM that allowed for some 3rd party programs to work properly, some of the Treos apparently did not had the number on their version of ROM as shipped from factory.

    Poor control quality at the manufacturing facilities, in my opinion, may explain some of these discrepancies. Nevertheless, evidence suggests there are those out there that seem to have very little trouble or perhaps none that they can detect yet.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  20. #160  
    My cheapshot comment wasn't necessarily directed at you vMAC, NSXPrime is the individual who did that in this thread, but it's not the first time it's happened here. Up until now I've ignored it, but it's disrespectful and I don't see what I've done to deserve it. As for the response to the "whining"....let me clear this up. Someone will often start a thread on a frustrating topic (like this one). In that thread, it becomes clear in the first 2-3 pages that people are frustrated and "whiny". Somebody like nsxprime might come into this thread and basically berate us for being "whiny". Somebody else like yourself will come into this thread (where we are all complaining about our problems with the 700p) and say "I do the same thing you do with the same functions and I don't have a problem". How do you think we (a group of frustrated users) going to respond to that? I mean, I just don't understand why those users I mentioned say what you guys say when it's likely you guys know the kind of response you'll get.

    I'm not criticizing your right to post, nor am I saying in any way that my posts are more or less important than yours. I've never alluded to that, and I won't, but in a thread full of users angry at a company who has failed to support their product, being that those users all have the same issues with the phone and it's been verified by the manufacturer that they exist, what is the point of you posting that you don't have the problems that we do?
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions