Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    I am truly convinced they knew, they just chose to ignore those issues until this campaign "forced" them to come up with a "solution". If it were not for the efforts of Bob-C and others in the Palm-user community, I am convinced they would just have EOL’d the 700p without even trying to fix anything or publicly acknowledging any of its flaws.
    I totally agree with you Newt. As long as early adopters were stupid enough to buy the next model, Palm took advantage of this. I agree that I like the 700p is usable, but I don't apreciate the constant screwing we've got from Palm. I feel really good paying for a Mercedes and getting a Yugo! I can wait until 5/28 for the fix that Palm only did because we threatened a mutiny, but for Palm's sake, the MR is going to have to make the 700p at least as good as the 600 and 650 after the update fixes in order to redeem themselves. Even at that, this forum is clearly showing that they've permanantly lost a *lot* of customers, and probably 75-95% of those of us remaining *won't* be early adopters of the 755.

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Well I thought for sure my comment on the Palm blog in response to this would get moderated out, but they posted it:

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2007/04/an...mment-66811172
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Microsoft is no better than Palm if not worse. Next Jan, Microsoft will no longer allow xp to used in OEM systems. So they are forcing us to go to Vista!
    hell I couldnt buy XP PRO in my new HP machine last week.

but Vista has been coming for a VERY LONG TIME. Many other hardware manufacturers have had the time to update their software to work in Vista. Just another failing of support by Palm.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Well I thought for sure my comment on the Palm blog in response to this would get moderated out, but they posted it:

Yeah, I posted a couple comments on there too I thought they wouldn't approve but they did. The same people who ok'd the release of the 700p in it's current state (f'ed up) probably are ok'ing the posting of all those comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I totally agree with you Newt. As long as early adopters were stupid enough to buy the next model, Palm took advantage of this. I agree that I like the 700p is usable, but I don't apreciate the constant screwing we've got from Palm. I feel really good paying for a Mercedes and getting a Yugo! I can wait until 5/28 for the fix that Palm only did because we threatened a mutiny, but for Palm's sake, the MR is going to have to make the 700p at least as good as the 600 and 650 after the update fixes in order to redeem themselves. Even at that, this forum is clearly showing that they've permanantly lost a *lot* of customers, and probably 75-95% of those of us remaining *won't* be early adopters of the 755.

-- Bob
    Def. I def won't be anymore. But I don't think anybody who has bought a 700p thus far, and it's a year later, is NOT STILL an early adopter! I love the 700p, and I"m sticking with it. I'm just not giving those idiots any more of my money!
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    hell I couldnt buy XP PRO in my new HP machine last week.

but Vista has been coming for a VERY LONG TIME. Many other hardware manufacturers have had the time to update their software to work in Vista. Just another failing of support by Palm.
    I just thought of this... Has anyone else realized that the current version of HotSync pre-dates Christ and doesn't work with Vista? How about updating that??? It seems to me like palm is completely shifting their focus onto the WM platform.
    I submitted the Palm Blog Post from yesterday to DIGG.... More publicity == More pressure for Palm to actually hold to this date for a change...

http://digg.com/gadgets/Palm_Treo_700P_ROM_Update_Info
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Well, a heap more comments hade made it into the blog this morning, but mine didn't. Perhaps it has something to do with this quote:

"Dear Steve,

Thanks for the royal screwing...<snip>"

Admittedly not the best way to open a letter, but I felt it was justified.

I am certainly surprised to see that the moderators are allowing so many negative comments through. Some of them are quite caustic and highly critical not just over the release, but Palm management in general. I would not want to have Steve Sinclair's inbox today (or any day, for that matter). I would be willing to bet he's actually a nice guy stuck in a bad position.

Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy whatsoever. I have spent far too much time and money on Palm devices over the years. Palm at some point made a conscious decision to focus resources away from support of the 700p, and there is no way I can believe they were not aware of most, if not all, of the issues with the 700p prior to shipment.
    Last edited by eodell; 04/18/2007 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    I just thought of this... Has anyone else realized that the current version of HotSync pre-dates Christ and doesn't work with Vista? How about updating that??? It seems to me like palm is completely shifting their focus onto the WM platform.
    It seems to me that Palm needs some mighty eyeglasses to regain some of their focus.

I haven't realized until now that we are scheduled to undergo a company-wide update of the computer system and most new units (if not all) will come pre-installed with Vista...that means we will need to maintain several of our "old" computers with Win XP active just to be able to sync with the Palm devices! How myopic is that!
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post

That is my question Meryln; I think I have made a couple posts that have not appeared. And is that the small volume in posts for the 17th of April?? At one point I thought they will posting everything. But maybe it is like the "White House" email. I just left a post for this web link which chastises Palm.

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...nnounces_.html
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    I am certainly suprised to see that the moderators are allowing so many negative comments through. Some of them are quite caustic and highly critical not just over the release, but Palm management in general. I would not want to have Steve Sinclair's inbox today (or any day, for that matter). I would be willing to bet he's actually a nice guy stuck in a bad position.
    So far on the blog, I see Palm's posts missing-in-action. May be they are only "moderating" Palm employee's posts

I maybe wrong but it feels the Palm blog is rapidly becoming another venting avenue for us; it seems they (Palm) are monitoring the blog with the same diligence they monitor the various palm-user forums on the net.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I'll still take my un patched 700P over any Win Mobile device.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Just read this over at Palminfocenter Forums. Ouch! Nice.
    Keep in mind "the week of May 28th" doesn't mean the 28th, which is Memorial Day (holiday)! That said, I highly doubt it will release on the 28th!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
    I'll still take my un patched 700P over any Win Mobile device.

You are probalby right. I have tried the WX two times and tried to love it. The 2nd time gave it a college try for 10-12 days and returned it. If the speed was there and better resolution? It might be a different story. Much harder to install apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    Just read this over at Palminfocenter Forums. Ouch! Nice.
    I posted it(or hope it will post) at the blog.palm. com earlier today!

Ouch is the word, it smarts!
    This is good news to Palm users, I am not going to spin it negatively.

However, I just want to point out the irony of releasing the patch of a phone and its repkacement at the same time. So basically for potential Treo buyers, you can either buy the new and unstabled phone, or a patched but soon to be discontinued phone.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Man, that reply from Palm Addict is just so darn right! Yesterday when posting in the Palm official blog I tried to keep my cool and not go ballistic on the issues at hand... but I certainly did not give a candy coated post.

But definitely the time for politeness is gone. All things considered we have given Palm too much benefit of the doubt and I am sure the ROM/MR update will not 100% address the issues. The no mention of the lag is now the big ticket for me. That just tells me I may get a somewhat stable bluetooth connection on a lag ridden, constantly frozen phone... what good does that have?

Anyway, on a higher note, HIGH KUDOS TO BOB-C, MERLYN_3D AND ALL OTHERS whose voices and opinions made the 700p and its issues so big that Palm had to publicly create a blog and an entry to back up its own flawed policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post

However, I just want to point out the irony of releasing the patch of a phone and its repkacement at the same time. So basically for potential Treo buyers, you can either buy the new and unstabled phone, or a patched but soon to be discontinued phone.
    You are making a big leap-of-faith here - you are assuming the patch will work; I've been actively following this message board since the release of the Treo 600, knowing about the low-resolution screen I decided to wait for the Treo 650. I followed the saga of this model for months and if memory serves it needed more than one MR/patch to finally solve the many issues plaguing this device.

Now enter the 700p - supposed to be born out of the lessons learned from the Treo 650 problems, or so I thought - the first patch/MR to be released AFTER the warranty on most of our phones has expired and after EOL for this product. What does that mean, assuming the patch/MR fails to fully address all the issues (expected from Palm's brilliant engineering and toughtful beta-testing) who do we turn to? The carrier has EOL'd the product and by then Palm offers no additional warranty.

My feeling is that the 755 may be more of the same, a buggy device designed to boost Palm's sales figures and the 700p patch may not live to it's expected potential. Look at the phones recently released by Palm to get an idea of their on-going commitment to quality.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post

I know I'm gonna get lambasted for this, but I actually have to give Palm _some_ credit for releasing the MR in the same window as the 755. Should it have taken so long? Absolutely not. But, at this late date, they could have just licked their wounds and released the 755. After all, they must realize that those who are unhappy with the 700p are not going to buy the 755 anyway and may already be gone forever.

Instead, they're giving a FREE option which may (for others on here with severe problems) be like getting a new phone.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast