Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Here's a question:

If First Quarter of 2007 = 17 April 2007 then 28 May 2007 = ????
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    And I'll echo what I said in the article - I think later and fully working is much better than earlier and not working.
    Septimus - maybe Palm could've taken that to heart 1 year ago before releasing the 700p? That way we would all be excited about the new 700p being releasing in a month and a half!
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Good, maybe that means you'll stop whining and start bothering Apple forums.
    Guys, remember we got our first glimspe of the 700p thru the eyes of Meryln.

He can come to our forum anytime. I hope if the lag is fixed that Meryln will remain a Palm user. I have appreciated his comments!!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Merlyn, ignore that. I don't think you arer a whiner, but just want what you paid (twice) for. If the update is coming out May 28th, and the iphone is coming in June, I hope you will at least apply the update to your 700P and let us know your reaction to the actual (well overdue) update itself. Yes. It may be too late to sway you or others to stay with palm, but maybe the update itself will at least be worth (part of) that wait. I'd really appreciate your review of the update, and hope you do not stay away from the forum.. Others have moved on from palm products and still contribute occasionally.
    Good Post!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    You crack me up.
    Shhhh!! They're angry...don't wander OT
    << If First Quarter of 2007 = 17 April 2007 then 28 May 2007 = ???? >>

Don't go there... please!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Guys, remember we got our first glimspe of the 700p thru the eyes of Meryln.

He can come to our forum anytime. I hope if the lag is fixed that Meryln will remain a Palm user. I have appreciated his comments!!
    Thank you, I appreciate that, and you all know how excited I was about the 700p back before it was released, but at this point, the only way I really see that I might stay with Palm is if the software update is actually this LinuxOS we've been hearing about. Why shouldn't we, the 700p users, reap the benefits of this "shared hardware platform" that has literally plagued us for a year now?

Oh, the other way would be to completely refund me the full retail price of BOTH the 700p's on my account. If Palm does that, and admits their mistake, I might be persuaded to consider future products. But in all honesty, I don't expect them to do this for one person. As irate a customer as I might be right now, I'm only one customer to them.
    Thanks to Merlyn3d who reminded earlier that to say we expect "premium phones" to operate at "premium quality" isn't quite right - we want them to be able to at least do what feature phones do.
    thanks for the post. Hopefully we will have a functional phone!! I just hope the lag is fixed!. With BT, I really had no problems!!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Shhhh!! They're angry...don't wander OT
    Anbody Know where there is a krispy kreme around here?
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Merlyn's point, put simply, is that the 700p is a critical failure as a product in that it does not even live up to its own advertised functionality, and in terms of performance (apart from EVDO) is actually inferior to its predecessor.

We've been hosed. Sorry, Steve, I have no more dollars for you!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Yes, just what we need, a food/drink binge. Maragritas for everyone. Make mine a Patron!
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Septimus,
    Also, lets point out he mentioned week of May 28th, so it is not yet a definite date, the update could come as late as June 1st (Friday that week). Anyhow, I have now a clear deadline when I'll be switching devices if the ROM doesn't fix the problem...
    The actual quote from the blog entry is:

We're now in the carrier certification phase with the Treo 700p MR and as I type this, our best estimate of customer release will be the week of May 28th.

I hate to be pessimistic, and hopefully it'll be out that week, but that really isn't a guarantee of anything.
    Burritos are on the menu!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    And I'll echo what I said in the article - I think later and fully working is much better than earlier and not working.
    I totally agree. With an effective MR, the 700p can become a phone that many could still use as far as two years in the future (as long as you don't need EVDO Rev A). When I read the news about the Linux PalmOS announcement, the first thing that came to my mind was "that does not mean Jack without a 700p update." Admittedly, Palm didn't take this update seriously until Bob-C raised the issue (and we should all be deeply thankful for Bob in taking that initiative). Palm is now starting to fix many of the stupid decisions they have made over the past year. I was not expecting the fix today, and I'm glad to hear it will come out in time for people to either like the 700p or know they can switch to a vendor with an apple on their logo.

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    The actual quote from the blog entry is:

We're now in the carrier certification phase with the Treo 700p MR and as I type this, our best estimate of customer release will be the week of May 28th.

I hate to be pessimistic, and hopefully it'll be out that week, but that really isn't a guarantee of anything.
    I saw that, too! No guarantee! Dont get all worked up peeps...! It could slide further down the road!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    Yes, just what we need, a food/drink binge. Maragritas for everyone. Make mine a Patron!
    I will take mine with Don Julio Por Favor!

That being said, I will stop digressing.
    Last edited by theecigarman; 04/17/2007 at 08:28 PM. Reason: for rambling
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    I'm sorry, do you have a problem with me?

It's no longer about "the phone I always wanted", or that nonsense. Don't you see it will have been a year and the device will be out of warranty before we get anything fixed. If the update fries your phone, you're screwed. Be that as it may, many of us have had to deal with these issues for one year.....ONE YEAR. The phone is being EOLed in May by Sprint. That means that for the ENTIRE life cycle of the phone, it has not worked or performed to it's advertised functionality. How can you NOT be unhappy about this?

Let's also forget for a moment that the date is "tentatively" May 28. Don't you think that's bound to be pushed back at least a week or two like usual? I mean sure, if it comes out before the iPhone, I will apply it, and I will try it out. When it comes down to it though, I spent a heck of a lot of money on this device and I didn't get anywhere near what I paid for it. I got no support from Palm, and the way they've handled this whole situation has been nothing short of abysmal. They have already lost customers just because of the "show of support" over the 700p.

I for one, recommended treos to at least 3 of my friends, my gf, and my family. I have all but stopped doing that, and I will be picking another device to recommend. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've seen first hand that Apple will stand behind their products, be it iPod, Macbook Pro, or iPhone. My support experiences with them have been nothing short of stellar, and it is for that reason that I don't regret spending money on them and for that reason that I'll pick up an iPhone, despite the several shortcomings it will initially have.

For me, anyway, this isn't about the device anymore. It's about the company and their ability to solve problems in a timely manner, to not screw their loyal power-users, and provide the support that you pay for when you buy one of the most expensive phones on the market.

On a side note, it would have also been nice if he would have given us an idea of what their official buglist is, whether they're putting any new versions of any programs in the new ROM, and once and for all get an official work on what has been fixed. Instead, we got the BS (excuse me for saying that, but I feel that everything leading up the date is just padding) that most of us could have already figured out anyway based on past experience with Treos. We all know what a Maintenance Release is, the 650 had something like 4 of them. Why don't people ask what Palm has official fixed in this maintenance release?
    Meryln, unfortunately I still recommend the Treo to friends (maybe I am their worst enemy)that is the 755p or whatever Dec brings.

Hopefully the lag is fixed unless launching the application refers to the lag! Only time will tell.

Are carriers going to release this update at the same time.

Wish the Palm blog gave us instance access and they could remove our posts later if they don't like it. But so far they have posted everything I have tried to post. Brave of them??

And no I do not have a problem with you!

Jerry G
    Excellent post and excellent reasoning Merlyn. I too have stopped recommending the treo to others.

-- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    I'm sorry, do you have a problem with me?

It's no longer about "the phone I always wanted", or that nonsense. Don't you see it will have been a year and the device will be out of warranty before we get anything fixed. If the update fries your phone, you're screwed. Be that as it may, many of us have had to deal with these issues for one year.....ONE YEAR. The phone is being EOLed in May by Sprint. That means that for the ENTIRE life cycle of the phone, it has not worked or performed to it's advertised functionality. How can you NOT be unhappy about this?

Let's also forget for a moment that the date is "tentatively" May 28. Don't you think that's bound to be pushed back at least a week or two like usual? I mean sure, if it comes out before the iPhone, I will apply it, and I will try it out. When it comes down to it though, I spent a heck of a lot of money on this device and I didn't get anywhere near what I paid for it. I got no support from Palm, and the way they've handled this whole situation has been nothing short of abysmal. They have already lost customers just because of the "show of support" over the 700p.

I for one, recommended treos to at least 3 of my friends, my gf, and my family. I have all but stopped doing that, and I will be picking another device to recommend. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've seen first hand that Apple will stand behind their products, be it iPod, Macbook Pro, or iPhone. My support experiences with them have been nothing short of stellar, and it is for that reason that I don't regret spending money on them and for that reason that I'll pick up an iPhone, despite the several shortcomings it will initially have.

For me, anyway, this isn't about the device anymore. It's about the company and their ability to solve problems in a timely manner, to not screw their loyal power-users, and provide the support that you pay for when you buy one of the most expensive phones on the market.

On a side note, it would have also been nice if he would have given us an idea of what their official buglist is, whether they're putting any new versions of any programs in the new ROM, and once and for all get an official work on what has been fixed. Instead, we got the BS (excuse me for saying that, but I feel that everything leading up the date is just padding) that most of us could have already figured out anyway based on past experience with Treos. We all know what a Maintenance Release is, the 650 had something like 4 of them. Why don't people ask what Palm has official fixed in this maintenance release?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post

Don't say that, my gastric juices just started flowing. (Krispy Kreme, sounds good)
    They should include SlingPlayer Palm software with the MR! And an integrated Profile/Ringtone manager to kiss up...!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast