Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Nope... Wish it was being released April 28th...

And in all reality we all know what will happen, May 28th will come and go, and Palm will say

"Its still in testing and hasn't been certified by the carriers yet -- next week we will will attempt to post new updated guidance on an anticipated, probable, likely, estimated, time span for which we can not be more specific"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    cant blame the guy for wishful thinking tho right?
    Is hoping time has past that has not and hoping for a disapointment wishful thinking?
    true.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerrx View Post
    Nope... Wish it was being released April 28th...

And in all reality we all know what will happen, May 28th will come and go, and Palm will say

"Its still in testing and hasn't been certified by the carriers yet -- next week we will will attempt to post new updated guidance on an anticipated, probable, likely, estimated, time span for which we can not be more specific"
    This is why I just tell people, "why bother even waiting?" Seriously, go look for another phone and get that. At this point, I could care less if Palm comes out with an update or not. Come June I'm grabbin an iPhone (and if for some reason I don't like that, then the blackberry), and I won't look back at Palm. Their lack of support has lost them many loyal customers, myself included. If the update comes out sometime between now and then, cool, I'll apply it and try it out, but it won't be a factor anymore in determining whether I keep the 700p. (although knowing Palm, it's likely that their lack of updates to Palm Desktop, either on the Mac or PC, might lead to the update bricking phones or something, who knows).

When I move on, though, I will probably ask Palm for a full refund for this POS. If they don't comply, I'll probably go the small claims route or something.

No company, no matter how big or small, should be allowed to treat the customers of its most expensive product the way we've been treated by Palm. 1 entire year....the entire life cycle of the 700p, and we never had the phone work as advertised. It's like buying a BMW 335i with the engine of a Yaris.....there's something wrong there.
    Among others who like the 700, Pogue (NYT) ranked the 700p at the top of the smartphone list in his latest post this week. Despite all its problems the 700p is, at the very least, a *very* serious contender. Now, with the update coming out, I believe 700p owners have fairly good reason to feel optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Among others who like the 700, Pogue (NYT) ranked the 700p at the top of the smartphone list in his latest post this week. Despite all its problems the 700p is, at the very least, a *very* serious contender. Now, with the update coming out, I believe 700p owners have fairly good reason to feel optimistic.
    Yea this "update" has been coming out for months and we get the same old message over and over it will be out next month then the next.
    Theres an update coming out ?!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I'll feel optimistic when I no longer have to use my 700p.
    Thanks for letting me know it's May 28.LOL
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Anyone wanna put up money on an over under on the release?
    On the release date, or on the announcement of the release date?
    Well as someone pointed out May 28th is a holiday....

I like the comment about how this will probably brick a few treos... I hate to say it but you are probably right and it i will probably happen to mostly Mac users since we have the oldest palm desktop. Little side story I had one of the original all metal A900's when they first came out, I did the firmware update over the air and it bricked my phone to a white screen and it happened to many others last I knew they had pulled the firmware update to in store only for people who complained.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerrx View Post
    On the release date, or on the announcement of the release date?
    You meant to say the announcement of the announcement regarding the third-time delayed MR release date?
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Are you guys insinuating that there will be no update on May 28? Are you doubting what's right there on the Palm Blog? The nerve of these people...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    You can't install a MR over-the-air since it wipes out, then restores, everything on your phone. If it ever arrives, it will be a file you download to your computer and install via HotSync.
    "If it ever arrives" .... Why do the majority of people on this site feel that way?? I feel that way as well .... terrible. (actually, We all know why)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I was in the Palm store at the Ronald Reagan Airport in DC and fondled the 700p as I think I may help my wife switch to Sprint. Its nice. I take it all back. 320 x 320 IS better.

But all of this kerfluffle tells me I should wait a few weeks. She likes her 650 and can stay on Tmo for another month. Palm gross revenues are minutely affected by one consumer's decision. Film at 11.
    Anyone heard anything?
    nothing on Palm's site yet.
    I think the patch came out weeks ago. It was called Treo 755p

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    "If it ever arrives" .... Why do the majority of people on this site feel that way?? I feel that way as well .... terrible. (actually, We all know why)
    Yes, that feeling is a shame. I've been a Palm devotee since the U.S. Robotics Pilot 1000. They used to be such cutting-edge and stable devices, not so much lately. However, I'm hopeful that we are about to see big things from them, although maybe not with the 700p MR.