1. JMJ
    < Note: I posed this question in the general forum before realizing there was a Mac specific forum>

I am currently in the middle of my Verizon contract and am in desperate need of a new PDA. I've always wanted my PDA, phone and MP3 player consolidated into one device. If I could also have GPS and a radar detector, well it would be perfect.

My questions are:
    1. Where can I get a new Treo for relatively cheap (as compared to purchasing one brand new from Verizon)?

2.. I'm also assuming I should get the 700P version?

3. In light of the many problems I've read on this forum, is there anyone here that wishes they would have gone with another device that is also Mac compatible?

Really appreciate the help!

JMJ
    1. I would say ebay. Just make sure you're getting a legit phone.

2. Not at all :-) The PalmOS is tired. I'd recommend getting the 700WX! (Make sure to get the WX!! The W is crap!!!) There is a program called "Mark/Space Missing Sync" Its only $30 and provides seamless integration between your Mac and WM5 device. (www.markspace.com). Its just like having iSync. Its excellent.

3. Not at all. I own a C2D iMac and a MacBook Pro and a 700WX. They work very well together! I am a hardcore Mac user but I have NO plans to get an iPhone any time soon. I think the Windows Mobile platform is excellent! You'll find many many devoted homebrew developers in these forums who'll help you take your device far beyond its programming.

You'll like it :-) Feel free to PM me any questions!
    700p works fine with Mac. Missing Sync does provide a better syncing solution than Palm.
  4. JMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLive View Post
    The PalmOS is tired. I'd recommend getting the 700WX! (Make sure to get the WX!! The W is crap!!!) There is a program called "Mark/Space Missing Sync" Its only $30 and provides seamless integration between your Mac and WM5 device.
    I own a C2D iMac and a MacBook Pro and a 700WX. They work very well together! I am a hardcore Mac user but I have NO plans to get an iPhone any time soon. I think the Windows Mobile platform is excellent!
    I will begin my medical residency soon and will be using the Treo with various medical applications (mainly from pdamd.com). I'm a little confused as to which program version I would need to download (i.e. Palm or Pocket PC). If I bought a 700WX and downloaded the pocket PC version, would the application work on my Mac. I would guess no..... any thoughts or advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    I will begin my medical residency soon and will be using the Treo with various medical applications (mainly from pdamd.com). I'm a little confused as to which program version I would need to download (i.e. Palm or Pocket PC). If I bought a 700WX and downloaded the pocket PC version, would the application work on my Mac. I would guess no..... any thoughts or advice?
    google a program called missing sync and buy it.

You want to download applications to put on your 700wx you need to get windows mobil applications.