Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all,

This is an application that I've been working on for a while that basically allows(compatible) applications in Palm OS to multitask, with up to 10 applications running at a time. It can also do force feedback on most OS5 devices with no extra hardware and includes support for applications to create windows.
    Someone try this, it looks interesting...
    Multitasker is an environment which supplements the native Palm OS functionality in order to allow for multi-tasking and multi-threading in compatible yBasic applications.
    This has been around forever...
  4.    #4  
    The beta versions(0.5 and 0.99) have been around for a while. 1.0 was just released recently and it's significantly changed from 0.99
    The PalmGear download link does not appear to be working properly. Once I download the .zip, I get a message that decompression failed (I have a Mac). Can you post the .prc?
    why on earth do I need to multitask on a device with a 2 inch screen??
    Ask all the WM Treo users that swear that's the greatest thing since sliced bread feature...
    I'm curious myself. what apps do I want to multitask with. Palm OS already saves the ROM state of each app. I can switch from a game or DocToGo to the Launcher and it is like I never left the app.

The last time I checked, that's pretty much multitasking on Windows Mobile. And I don't get slow downs from having too many apps open.
    I'd like to be able to start a web page download, and then switch to another app without interrupting the download. That's about it, for multitasking, for me.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I'd like to be able to start a web page download, and then switch to another app without interrupting the download. That's about it, for multitasking, for me.
    I agree. I would like to be able to go to a webpage, leave to go to email or messaging and go right back to the webpage I was on without having to start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfasb View Post
    I'm curious myself. what apps do I want to multitask with. Palm OS already saves the ROM state of each app. I can switch from a game or DocToGo to the Launcher and it is like I never left the app.
    This is not quite true is it? Some apps save their state, some don't, even the ones that do may not drop you in the same place as before you switched apps. In addition if a cooperative multi-tasking apps misbehaves e.g. the sms application or pocket tunes, your whole machine goes down and you have a spontaneous reset.

All the reasons we like robust multi-tasking on a desktop applied on a handheld too.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    This has been around forever...
    Read my lips people..

Multitasker is an environment which supplements the native Palm OS functionality in order to allow for multi-tasking and multi-threading in compatible yBasic applications.
    Not POS programs. yBasic. This has been around forever. Normal people don't care.. I've never seen a useful yBasic program.
    Okay, okay! So, I guess it doesn't look so interesting afterall...

You don't have to yell...Sheesh!
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Read my lips..
    Yeah well remember what happened the last time someone said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I agree. I would like to be able to go to a webpage, leave to go to email or messaging and go right back to the webpage I was on without having to start over.
    I do this on my 700p all the time. The webpage has to reload, but it takes me back to the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    I do this on my 700p all the time. The webpage has to reload, but it takes me back to the same page.
    Yeah...me too. You just have to set it up in Blazer Preferences.
    Yeah, that works, but it isn't quite the same thing, it's the reloading I could do without.
    Just use Accessorizer to turn any app into a DA.

Then use Petitlauncher, or any DA launcher that you can pull up with keypresses, and load the DA on top of the program you are currently using.

When you exit the app you pulled with Petitlauncher, it will go back to the program you were using like nothing happened.

It's not perfect, but it's real close...

For example, you can be at CNN.com in Blazer, and you want to use the Calculator without having to wait for the page to reload. I would just push option+power button, and Petitlauncher's window will come up, and I can select the Calculator DA I made with Accessorizer. The Calculator program with run ON TOP of Blazer. After I'm done, I press the Home button on my 650, and it takes me straight back to Blazer as if nothing happened.
    I have various GPS software. It'd be cool if I could have more than one running at a time, each receiving/processing the continuous stream coming from the GPS device.
    so it is a problem with blazer & not multi-tasking. if blazer would not have to reload the whole page whenever you left came back, it would be ok. Also keep in mind when you use a windows mobile device, the multitasking is a hinderance more than anything. the reason is there is no way to remember what is still running after you switch to many different apps & the processor slows everything down. the reason why multitasking works on a computer is because you have tabs to access the multiple programs running AND you can have multiple windows open at once to see at the same time. it seems like people just want whatever buzz words are thrown at them without seeing if they really need it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast