Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I agree with all the "why do we need this" comments. Blazer actually works right in the 680. No reload/repaint, it's just there when you go back. Real multi tasking might be useful for stuff like IM apps and simultaneous phone/data, but otherwise....

My big problem with this is with the poster... the first ever post was this? I consider this a spam thread.

At least be honest and say: "we just released v1 and think it's pretty cool, you should try it"
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Okay, okay! So, I guess it doesn't look so interesting afterall...

You don't have to yell...Sheesh!

OKAY
    I don't think he's a spammer...I think he's the app's developer. He's probably just trying to find some beta testers for his app, like other developers on TC do. Let's be nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    it seems like people just want whatever buzz words are thrown at them without seeing if they really need it
    A poor argument when proper multi-tasking has been the holy grail of PalmOS OS development for the last 4 years.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    A poor argument when proper multi-tasking has been the holy grail of PalmOS OS development for the last 4 years.

Surur
    I'd have been all over this had it been...... useful
    Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    Blazer actually works right in the 680. No reload/repaint, it's just there when you go back."
    Wow, I didn't know that. I assume (or at least hope) Blazer on the 755 will do the same.
    it's not a poor arguement. yours is poorer. just because somebody says it's the holy grail means it is useful??
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I don't think he's a spammer...I think he's the app's developer. He's probably just trying to find some beta testers for his app, like other developers on TC do. Let's be nice...
    OK, I went back and re-read his post. I misread it the first time. He says he's the one who's been working in it.

My bad.

Never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    it's not a poor arguement. yours is poorer. just because somebody says it's the holy grail means it is useful??
    Not just some-one. All the successors to PalmOS Garnet are multi-tasking, in fact its a design requirement. Cobalt, ALP, PalmOS II all have that in common. Its not just me who says its the holy grail, its the goal of all the development going on at Palm at present, to allow them to ship a UMTS 3G device to serve the world market.

Just because its a meaningless buzzword to you does not mean its not extremely valuable to Ed and his gang.

Surur
    OK, I went back and re-read his post. I misread it the first time. He says he's the one who's been working in it.

My bad.

Never mind.
    Cute pup! Do I see some Boston?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Cute pup! Do I see some Boston?
    Yep. Boston it is. I grew up with retrievers. It's kind of weird having a dog with a round head... but he's growing on me.

He can multi-task... both fetch and bark at the same time!
    Yep. Boston it is. I grew up with retrievers. It's kind of weird having a dog with a round head... but he's growing on me.

He can multi-task... both fetch and bark at the same time!
    Ahhhhh...so a truly talented puppy! I love dogs...I have three Chis and a Sheltie
    Multitasking would be helpful, but with limited memory, I'd be afraid of crashes and problems.... And with the small screen, it would be difficult in any event to access the other running apps in a way substantially different than is done now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12