1.    #1  
    I am having a problem with my Cingular/GSM Treo 650. When I try to take high resolution video, I either get the error "Cannot Encode Video" and/or a soft reset. Low res video works fine. I have done all kinds of searches here and elsewhere and I have seen references to this problem, but no one has posted a solution. I have a custom ROM, mainly so I can run an 8 GB SDHC card, and a full load of all kinds of applications. I tried running the original ROM and I still get the error. I think I may have accidentally deleted something from ROM or RAM. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this irritating problem?
    I remember reading some posts about loss of the ability to transfer video to the card after doing the SD mod.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I should have been more clear..I heard that too. This happens even when I am trying to save the video to internal memory...
    I see what your saying about not being able to record to internal memory either, but mine seemed to work after formatting my 8gb SDHC to a 16k allocation instead of the default. I was having the same exact problem where low res worked fine but high gave the encoding error. This also fixed problems I was having using Minitones and MVoice (they both use the SD to work).
    Last edited by cutoffcirc; 04/17/2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: added more detail
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
  5.    #5  
    Well..I'll be damned! I tried popping out the SD card...and even though I am saving the video to internal memory it will work with the card out, but give errors with the card in. I never would have thought of that. I formatted the card originally to 32k allocation based on some posts I read. I will try reformatting to 16k and see what happens. Thanks cutoffcirc!
    Your welcome. I'm not really sure why it works either but it just does. I had mine formatted to 32k for a while but this caused my TomTom6 to not work properly. I'm not sure I ever tried taking a video at that allocation. Good luck with the 16K. What brand SDHC do you have? Mine is the A-data.
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
  7.    #7  
    That's what I have too, an A-Data class 2.
    Do you notice any speed difference in reading from or writing to the card with the 16k?
    The VFSMark numbers were virtually the same for me for 16 and 32k. After getting a bunch of stuff to work better with the 32k, I was reluctant to go to 16k but it really made no difference. I really had to use 16 because my TomTom freaked at 32. Both are much faster than the default.