Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Well it will live forever unless you delete yours
    Yeah...JimmieGeddes you should delete yours, too. At least edit his quote out...
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I deleted mine....

I just threw it out there because some people are acting like not getting the update is the end of the world. Guess my point was lost, I stand corrected!
    I took his quote out and removed the post.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    I deleted mine....

I just threw it out there because some people are acting like not getting the update is the end of the world. Guess my point was lost, I stand corrected!
    I don't think there's a member on here that thinks the two situations could remotely compare...
    This thread has gone everywhere & back. Palm needs to hurry, before Treo owners start burning their Treo's or sending them back. I highly doubt we here anything today or anytime soon, sad...but true.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    This thread has gone everywhere & back. Palm needs to hurry, before Treo owners start burning their Treo's or sending them back. I highly doubt we here anything today or anytime soon, sad...but true.
    How can we send them back?? I want a refund..
    Well Treo's are probably self destructible anyways(after many re-sets).....Send them back? I wish I had an answer

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Perhaps it's time for a 'serious' class-action thread...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    what everyone hasn't realized is that they already posted the announcement on the blog, however they used their treo 700p to do it and it is still in 'lag time'.
    or sent it as a text & froze their Treo......

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I did a refresh of the palm blog and its stuck so maybe they are posting it now... Never mind.. I guess we all on the blog site hitting refresh and slowing it down...
    Quote Originally Posted by RMGDVM View Post
    what everyone hasn't realized is that they already posted the announcement on the blog, however they used their treo 700p to do it and it is still in 'lag time'.
    Nice...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Actually, they were planning on annoucing it today but when the Palm directors called the person in charge of posting the announcement, he had a 700p and a bluetooth headset on, and couldnt answer the call because his heaset wouldnt pair. So the directors sent a SMS message instead and his Treo froze....

So I guess we will have to wait till tommorow
    Who is the one that started the april 17th will be the day? If you look at the blog it was posted april 12th and said next week an update on the 700p. Well if you add 1 week =7 days to april the 12th then that means the update announcement could come anytime this week or more likely april 19th.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    AndrewAz,

It was Steve Sinclair who said that... so now in hindsight we shouldn't be surprised that nothing happened, coming from Sinclair's mouth.

Bob-C posted the response from Steve Sinclair regarding today's blog update:

"Hi Bob,
    As you probably read, we launched our new Palm blog this week. That's the forum where I'm going to provide the revised date for the 700p update. Going forward that blog is going to be the mechanism we use to talk about support issues since it ensures more reliable coverage by the community sites and allows customers to comment directly. As it turns out, I won't be posting my blog this week - it's slated for next Tuesday instead and just wanted to let you know.

Steve"

That was a response Bob-C got on the 12th... couple that with the Palm Blog response and there you have it, 1+1 equals Tuesday April 17th. That is to us normal folk, for Palm they measure their calendar in the old Mayan ways (for reference on this read a few posts here and/or in the Palm's support Tracker)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Who is the one that started the april 17th will be the day? If you look at the blog it was posted april 12th and said next week an update on the 700p. Well if you add 1 week =7 days to april the 12th then that means the update announcement could come anytime this week or more likely april 19th.
    Ummmm...yeah. Hope springs eternal...
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Rarely do s/w updates get delivered on time. That was probably his best guess and they hit a snag - could be the carriers holding it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    Rarely do s/w updates get delivered on time. That was probably his best guess and they hit a snag - could be the carriers holding it up.
    oo no no no no.. This is not the update itself... We are just waiting on news of the update and the news was supposed to come out today.. All they had to say was the carries are holding it up or its delayed for an unknown amount of time.. ect.
    The blog is up..
    Whats really important.

We're now in the carrier certification phase with the Treo 700p MR and as I type this, our best estimate of customer release will be the week of May 28th. In addition to the Bluetooth improvements I mentioned above, the 700p MR includes updates to SMS send/receive performance, MP3 playback, phone app launch speed and other areas. It's admittedly been a much longer project than expected, but we're almost there...

Thanks for reading,

Steve Sinclair
    Treo Product Manager
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast