Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Seriously? Or joking? That would be a HUGE step backwards, not to mention we'd allhave to rebuy all our aps. If I wanted a 700W, I would have bought a 700W.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    No news yet.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Stormchaser,

I am just kidding. But wouldn't that be just like plam?

I am so hoping the update is coming soon.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    Seriously? Or joking? That would be a HUGE step backwards, not to mention we'd allhave to rebuy all our aps. If I wanted a 700W, I would have bought a 700W.
    That had to be a joke...you can't put WM on the 700p
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Yeah, looks like the URL is getting hammered.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    That had to be a joke...you can't put WM on the 700p
    Not only that, but the displays are different. The w is 240 x 240 ...
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    But the 750p is 320x320......
    The processor is very similar and the 750 supports most of the same specs that the 700p does.

I think that would be the icing on the cake for all of us waiting for an update. But I digress....
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Hey Dad, when is the next rest stop?

Can we stop at A&W?

I DON"T WANT to play the alphabet game.

Are we there yet?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Can we stop at A&W?
    A & W was awesome.
    Where are the people who want positive comments? I guess it is up to me to kick it off.

I think that they will announce a one week range in which the firmware update will be released but will fall short of a specific date. My reasoning is that if they could name a date then the update would've already passed all testing and would be done. That would mean that they could just put it on their download site today instead of making an announcement.

I've been wondering about the reason it has taken so long. What if the case were that while trying to fix the problems they realized it was just not possible without the Garnet code? Then they basically had to start over again once they purchased it. If that is what they did I think it would be more understandable and more forgivable - to a degree. If they took the extra time to rebuild some of the foundation to provide better stability rather than putting out a half @ss patch but quicker, then I would be more satisfied - as long as it does what is promised.

Before anyone asks this is pure speculation on my part. Everything I know is limited to what is in the Tracker thread. When I first talked to Steve and in April, it was right after Garnet had been purchased. I tried to put the idea in his head by asking about that possibility but Palm had just purchased Garnet and he was not permitted to comment about their plans for it.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    So where is this Announcement suppose to take place? Would it be posted on the Blog or on the Palm website? Just curious...
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    A & W was awesome.
    What do you mean *was*?

I can still find them around from time to time...
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    We were told the Official Palm Blog would be updated today with an announcement from Sinclair regarding a "revised date" for the promised-but-as-yet-to-be-delivered ROM update for the 700p.

I think they should just be honest with us and say something like:

"We like your money! Keep sending it!"
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    What do you mean *was*?

I can still find them around from time to time...
    Yes, but harder to find here in the Northeast. I am thinking more of what they were like when I was a kid in the 1970s... I went to one a while back up in the Syracuse area and for whatever reasons it was not as good as I remembered. But a lot of things are like that.

TO bring this back on topic, perhaps the same is true for the 650 vs. the 700p?
    But my post was ON TOPIC !!

Are we there yet?
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/17/2007 at 10:47 AM.
    No post yet... and from the response time of the webserver looks like the palm blog is getting hammered pretty good...

If Palm DOES actually have an answer or release date on the ROM, why not just post it this morning... Unless someone at palm just enjoys watching their customers disappear..

I guess Palm doesn't understand that no matter what OS they put on their phones in the future, current customers of the 700p will stay away from palm in the future -- deploying/supporting 50+ of these things makes for long memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Where are the people who want positive comments? I guess it is up to me to kick it off.

I think that they will announce a one week range in which the firmware update will be released but will fall short of a specific date. My reasoning is that if they could name a date then the update would've already passed all testing and would be done. That would mean that they could just put it on their download site today instead of making an announcement.

I've been wondering about the reason it has taken so long. What if the case were that while trying to fix the problems they realized it was just not possible without the Garnet code? Then they basically had to start over again once they purchased it. If that is what they did I think it would be more understandable and more forgivable - to a degree. If they took the extra time to rebuild some of the foundation to provide better stability rather than putting out a half @ss patch but quicker, then I would be more satisfied - as long as it does what is promised.

Before anyone asks this is pure speculation on my part. Everything I know is limited to what is in the Tracker thread. When I first talked to Steve and in April, it was right after Garnet had been purchased. I tried to put the idea in his head by asking about that possibility but Palm had just purchased Garnet and he was not permitted to comment about their plans for it.
    While I appreciate your optimism, Bob, I don't think anyone should go out of their way to put ideas into Palm's head, or excuses into their mouth. I know you feel as we do, but it seems best (and the history of the company recently has taught us) to just not expect much from them. Hell....I really wouldn't be surprised if they posted "come back here in 2 more days for when we'll give you an even more revised news update on the 700p rom". At this point, very little would surprise me. I really wouldn't want you or anyone else to get their hopes up and be disappointed. While I'm normally the optimist, sometimes switching to a pessimistic view can be helpful, like when dealing with businesses.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Ok, I will give a positive comment, It will be fanfreakintastic once the update arrives! I know PALM will come through.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    http://investor.palm.com/pressdetail...leaseID=238267

There's the big announcement you've been waiting for. The 680 is launched in Honduras. Cupcakes for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    Not only that, but the displays are different. The w is 240 x 240 ...
    WM6 would work OK on the Treo 700p, but the low memory would be a problem.

Surur
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast