Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    That helps alot. Thanks for explaining. This could be huge news if handled correctly. Is there any way to get a copy of the alert as an image to post here?
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Shepherd,
    This is what I found, and it totally validates your statement. It was posted on the VZW website. Thanks,

† Applies when sending and receiving Text, Picture and Video Messages to and from any other wireless customer in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, plus Instant Messages, Text Alerts and Text, Picture and Video Messages sent via email. International Text Messaging is 15 per message received and 25 per message sent. Airtime charges apply when sending/receiving Picture and Video Messages. Messaging is available from within the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, and is not available throughout the America's Choice Rate and Coverage Area.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So lets confuse the issue even more. I got my current statement in today. We got my wife's new phone on the 15th, we did some txt/pix on the 16th, our billing cycle ends the 18th.

So for my line I see 1 txt sent, 1 pix sent, and 2 txt received for a total of $0.70 in "data" charges. No air time charges, no data (other than the 0.15 & 0.25 for the messages). My line is the primary line.

For my wife's line I see 1 pix received and 1 txt sent for a total of $0.40. I also see several minutes of airtime usage around the time the messages would have been sent. There seem to be no other data charges for these messages.

If this holds then this is OK... I can play around for $.25 here and there. I'll need to see if next month my line gets hit with delayed data charges since it was close to the end of the billing cycle. Lets hope not.

As a side note I see how Verizon makes money. The day my wife got her phone she found her way to Vcast/Get-it-now store. Apparently she downloaded some free apps (music player, sync, tones,??) and then downloaded some ring tones. It seems that 6 ring tones, with "package discounts" cost $16!!! (plus airtime!!) OK, thats not a lot of money but if your Verizon and you can get several million customers to dump $20 of basically pure profit your way once a year that would be sweet.....

JM
    You can tell them to block Get It Now too.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    You can tell them to block Get It Now too.
    I'm just going to tell my wife to stop downloading $3 ringtones & MP3's from Verizon, and just figure out how to get them for free from the web

JM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12