Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'm getting crazy! How do I send a contact as SMS?

When in the Contact list I choose a contact and do the menu "Record/Send contact" I get a new window where I can choose between Bluetooth, Messaging and Versamail. I choose Messaging and press OK. A new window popups and tells me: "The messaging application does not support this type of item."

What crap. I want to send the contact, it would be so simple...!

Please help...
    ========================
    Andreas Carlsson, Borås, Sweden
    After you received the error message, did the Messaging App screen popup anyway? I just went through the steps you mentioned and the same thing happened, but the messaging screen popped up and let me send it anyway...
    this prc gives u the option to send with sms
    after bluetooth u will see sms now, so u can send via text messages, i use this in conjunction with takephone to send contact info
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TreoVCardReceiver 1.0
    ^
    To receive............
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    After you received the error message, did the Messaging App screen popup anyway? I just went through the steps you mentioned and the same thing happened, but the messaging screen popped up and let me send it anyway...
    Yes, the messaging screen pops up anyway, but it contains nothing...

Thanks for the apps, I'll look at them right away!
    ========================
    Andreas Carlsson, Borås, Sweden
    when i use send with sms, i just select all the garbage and delete and just send the info i need to send, not the whole vcard... the carrier might even reject it and the term end would need the TreoVCardReceiver 1.0
    to process all the info correctly
    You can also use RNS:: TreoSelectText (select-name, pop-up addressbook and insert number) to send SMS... But it is not freeware.