Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Been working through my 700p replacement (for a 650) and found that many times my bluetooth headset (scala 500) would have lots of static. I used it with my 650 with no issues. However, on the 700p, I accidentally pressed a key on the dialpad during a call with that problem and found that the static went away instantly! Very clear call at that point. Tried it another time on another call with static and had the same result.

Seems like I don't have to do this all the time, so maybe it's only needed the first time after a reset....

Couldn't find any reference to this anywhere else, just thought I'd share that with you folks. If there's another thread on this that someone could point out I'll read some more over there.
    I haven't try this yet. But I want to know what is the static caused by? the Treo or the BT headset?

ie: if I try a BH-200 there is no static (I haven't try it for that long.. I don't receive that much calls). yet when I use the HBH-300 (AAA one), I get lot of static.
    The static is caused by BT 1.2 screwed with a lot of interference from Wi-Fi routers and cordless phones. Along with palms faulty BT programing.

Why the heck does a treo 700p use BT 1.2???? It makes no sense.. BT 2.0 has been around since 04..
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    The static is caused by BT 1.2 screwed with a lot of interference from Wi-Fi routers and cordless phones. Along with palms faulty BT programing.

Why the heck does a treo 700p use BT 1.2???? It makes no sense.. BT 2.0 has been around since 04..
    My guess is that Palm figured they would leave BT implementation till last figuring that they could just use an old solution off the shelf if they ran out of time. Or maybe they have some dyslexic programmers who thought BT 1.2 was actually 2.1
    Well, I've been having static with my BT headset (treo headset), and this "solution" cleared it up.

Awesome.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    This little trick worked for me too.
    Sony Ericsson HBH-660.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Funny I've not had any problems with Bluetooth on my phone, I use the Moto H700c and it's clear as all get up. Well I guess I shouldn't say I've never had a problem with bluetooth; I do hate it when the phone is in standby (black screen and keyguard on) that if I try to send a file from my laptop to the phone it will just error out. So I have to turn off the keygaurd before I start the send or else it won't go through.
    i also have the treo headset what keys are u guys pressing i cant wait to get home and try it i always get static on the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnx View Post
    Been working through my 700p replacement (for a 650) and found that many times my bluetooth headset (scala 500) would have lots of static. I used it with my 650 with no issues. However, on the 700p, I accidentally pressed a key on the dialpad during a call with that problem and found that the static went away instantly! Very clear call at that point. Tried it another time on another call with static and had the same result.

Seems like I don't have to do this all the time, so maybe it's only needed the first time after a reset....

Couldn't find any reference to this anywhere else, just thought I'd share that with you folks. If there's another thread on this that someone could point out I'll read some more over there.
    you sir r a friggin genius! perhaps u should become an engineer at palm and fix this mess they have made. seriously thanks for passing this along my plantronics 320 been on the shelf for almost a year cause o the static now it works fine
    Will have to try it. The only way I've been able to minimize it is to put my phone in my coat's upper pocket & then put the headset in the same side ear.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    wow, all u have to do is press any key on the keypad the static will go away, lol

just from reading this ..... it def sounds real sarcastic, lol

but i will give it a try
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    If this isn't a joke I'd love to know why it works
    I shouldve thought of this! Whenever I get a text message, it clears up the static (whenever I have any with my Jawbone)! So I used to send myself texts or 'check the weather' using 4INFO just so I can get it to go away! Its definitely the Bluetooth stack in the Treo! I think it has something to do with the extra sound the 'beep' makes that widens the bandwith some...just my guess.
    yes, it does work , great fix for the static, my other issue that i still have to do a reset for is that i say dial persons name , it dials then i hear nothing on car speakers (hands free system) but the call is up on my phone
    Hey gregnx,

have you found any workarounds for any of the other million issues?
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. I always noticed the static after a reset and would end up calling voicemail to get it cleared up.
    ill be damn i went home and tried it and it does work , i always have static at home with the headset and just a press of a number key on the keypad and it went away, perfect reception, i havent used my headset in months because of this issue, good job
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I will concur that while pressing one of the number buttons clears the static, it still does not address the constant "un-pairing" that leaves me holding the Treo up to one ear and my headset in the other...
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    This is the most unbeleivable trick ever! As soon as I press any number key the static stops! This whole time Ive been living with static..
    LoL i like the way u described that , one and one, i hear u on that one... i get so close to throwing phone at window when that happens, i am not even sure they tested these phones prior to releasing them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast