View Poll Results: Roughly how many emails are in your POP3 INBOX (on the server)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 25

7 24.14%
  • 25 to 75

7 24.14%
  • 75 to 300

8 27.59%
  • 300 - 1000

5 17.24%
  • 1000+

2 6.90%
  1.    #1  
    Hi, there.

I'm curious about how people use their POP3 mailboxes these days. Please take a moment to indicate roughly how many emails are in your POP3 INBOX (INBOX only, in case you use local folders either on your Treo or server) at any given time.

Best to all,

Marc

p.s. My interest, as always, is to learn about people's real-world usage in order to define, create, and evaluate email software!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I haven't used POP3 since I started using Chatter a year and a half ago. Both my personal accounts are IMAP. Fastmail was my first and when it became unreliable I started using emailtreo.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I'm with twitch3.... IMAP all the way!
    I use POP3. The number of e-mails on the server at any time is probably no more than 3-5, because I download e-mails with timed sync every hour on my Treo (Chatter) and delete the one's I don't need (from the Treo and from the server).

Total emails/day (not on the server at the same time) is about 30.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    IMAP on my Treo 680 and exchange server on my Blackjack Smartphone. Haven't pulled and email in ages.
    Mike
    Hey Marc, congrats on your new venture. Since Chatter(Treo), I only use IMAP now, on my PC I use Gmail, & that's limited(20-70).
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I'm using POP3 and will accumulate about 75 to 100 messages a day. I weed out spam twice a day. When I get home at the end of the day, I download mail from the server to my computer, emptying my inbox. On my Treo 700p with VersaMail 3.5.1, I'll leave about 400 non-spam messages in my inbox. Once I get up over 400 messages, I'll start deleting old mail.

Alan G
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I use POP3. The number of e-mails on the server at any time is probably no more than 3-5, because I download e-mails with timed sync every hour on my Treo (Chatter) and delete the one's I don't need (from the Treo and from the server).

Total emails/day (not on the server at the same time) is about 30.
    Ditto for me, but x2 as I check work and personal email boxes with versamail.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I use Pop3, 2 accounts. One is work, always around 100 messages each day, the other personal, about 50 messages each day.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Primary account is IMAP. Two other accounts are POP3 and about 2 or 3 emails
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    My primary is Exchange but I have a personal POP account that pulls about 20 a day.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    I monitor 6 POP3 accounts due to that was the VersaMail default. 5 home(mom, dad, 2 daughters & 1 Sprint) and 1 work. Work offered POP3 access and my home account email provider was listed in VersaMail's selection list, so I had no need to look elsewhere. . . . . . . .

About 25 e-mails daily on my home account and another 25 on my work account.

I do not store emails on my Treo -- once home, I download to the home PC and work emails remain on my work server -- I just use the Treo to stay in touch when I am out of the office. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/18/2007 at 11:08 AM.
    www.gettingthingsdone.com -- I clean it to zero daily. Yeow!
    I just checked... There are 616 in my earthlink account INBOX. Mostly because I only collect them at home when I'm running Linux and my wife usually has the computer running that 'other OS'.... so they accumulate. After pruning, I will likely have about 30-50.
    I dont pull emails much from my Treo, when I do I use VersaMail. I pull from my laptop and Im near it often. I have 2 accounts and unfortunately they are both POP. I wish I could push from POP but as we all know its not possible... or is it?

When Im out in my territory all day and not near my laptop its nice to be able to pull that days emails. It would be nice to have an option less than the VersaMails 24 hours.

BTW I voted 700-1000 as I have my Outlooks settings set up to delete after 20 some odd days.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.