1.    #1  
    Why sometimes the 700p can charge via USB, and sometimes not? when it doesn't charge (ie: no green or red light at all), the "Media player" does not get detected?
    In case this always happens on the same USB port, I suspect you have an unstable connection on that port (physical connection, that is).
    Can you try another port ?
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    the computer does not recognize the connection. remove cable and try again.
    In my experience, a bad cable is a very likely cause, particularly if it is one of those retractable cables.
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    I've been having this same problem. Sometimes my usb cable will charge my phone and sometimes it won't. Sometimes the light won't go on at all. I tried about 4 different ports in the computer, even on my monitor, and even on different computer. When I press the sync button on the usb, it will try to sync, but it won't connect either. Could this just be the usb cable?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enilm View Post
    I've been having this same problem. Sometimes my usb cable will charge my phone and sometimes it won't. Sometimes the light won't go on at all. I tried about 4 different ports in the computer, even on my monitor, and even on different computer. When I press the sync button on the usb, it will try to sync, but it won't connect either. Could this just be the usb cable?
    It's definately the cable.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    It might not charge while sleeping
  8.    #8  
    When I use OSX, it always charges. but not in Windows Xp.
    But the charge rate is way slower than using adapter..