Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    OK, This is a weird situation. I'd love to find the solution to this. On my wifes 650, if your on the phone talking, it will start the touch-tone as if someone is holding down the keys on a dial pad. As if the keys are stuck. The only way to get it to stop, is to put the phone on hold and then remove the hold. This is happing on every call. She is ready to throw it out the window. Has anyone else had this problem on the 650? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tafari06 View Post
    OK, This is a weird situation. I'd love to find the solution to this. On my wifes 650, if your on the phone talking, it will start the touch-tone as if someone is holding down the keys on a dial pad. As if the keys are stuck. The only way to get it to stop, is to put the phone on hold and then remove the hold. This is happing on every call. She is ready to throw it out the window. Has anyone else had this problem on the 650? Thanks!
    REALLY WEIRD!

Their could be a few things that wrong.

1. Do you have screen protector on her phone. I have seen screen protectors push buttons and get things stuck in weird modes. If you do try taking it off.

2. Did you install any new programs, especially button or phone related. If so try removing them.

3. Does your wife wear earrings? My wife always bumps buttons with her earrings. Try going to Preferences and turning off the touch screen when receiving calls. See if that fixes the problem, then you know something is getting bumped.

4. Lastly, do a Hard Reset. Reformat the phone and then call it. If that fixes it then you know for sure it is a program that is causing it. I once say a Solitaire Program that would cause the Treo to Hotsync itself every hour. If a Hard Reset shows there is a problem, then reinstall each program one at a time until you find the culprit and then you should be fine, if it still has a problem after a Hard Reset then it is a phone problem, take it back for repair, with any luck they will upgrade you to the 700p.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks BenJoeM! No screen protector. Yes, My wife definitely wears ear rings. This was my initial thought, but its done it on me before, and I don't wear ear rings. At all cost, I'm trying to avoid the hard reset, but we do have a lot of third party apps on the phone. I will first start with disabling the screen from preferences and see if this works.

Thanks Again! Tafari
    If the problem just started, it would be a newly installed or updated app that would be causing the problem. That would narrow down the possibilites...