Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I see our friends at Gx5 (DialByPhoto and TreoMemo) have a new weather app out in beta (TreoWeather). I just installed it and so far it looks really good. http://www.gx-5.com/products/treoweather/index.htm
    dont like it at all - can't compare to 4cast...

no maps
    no detailed forecast
    cant add other cities
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    dont like it at all - can't compare to 4cast...

no maps
    no detailed forecast
    cant add other cities
    Correct on the first one--no maps so far. But the "Currently" view provides a detailed forecast (like 4cast). And yes, you can add other cities. Look under the "Cities" page and add whichever cities you like.

I'd like to see more Auto Update options (e.g. via hotsync, or be able to set a specific update time), but for a beta program it's a good start. And like all of their other products, it's nice looking.

For $4.95, it's a very good deal.
    gX5 have a unique a unique ability to kick-alive some really dead application segments, they did it with DialByPhoto and TreoMemo. This is only the begining of TreoWeather.

- mvk
    Nice job, I'm sure they can add maps to it....their very good out at GX-5.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It's.... Pretty?
    Looking good....and it can only get better from here on out! Great work once again .
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    It's.... Pretty?
    LOL! Ummm...is that the good or bad thing about it? With you, I can never tell...
    If it's like the other Gx-5 apps, it will be very good and look great.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    If it's like the other Gx-5 apps, it will be very good and look great.
    And use up huge amounts of memory.. ohh wait its already 1.1MB...
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    Really??
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    It's 384k on my 680. And as with DialByPhoto, you can store the icons on your card (which I do for both programs).
    Memory and efficiency are not really a problem here, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    LOL! Ummm...is that the good or bad thing about it? With you, I can never tell...
    I didn't actually try it yet, 4Cast and TreoCiel does my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I didn't actually try it yet, 4Cast and TreoCiel does my needs.
    Yeah...I like HourlyXCast. It's simple and to the point... I'm a huge fan of Dial By Photo when it's not resetting my Treo
    These guy are hard to resist ! great products , always improving (I love updates !) fair prices , I have 4cast too no complaints I got it because of the Datebk plug-in . but actually the only thing I use Datebk's Today page for is to check the weather ... so ... what the . I'll pay 5 bucks to watch it develop . I'll stick it on my iPhony launcher !
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    It's 384k on my 680. And as with DialByPhoto, you can store the icons on your card (which I do for both programs).
    Yes 384k for the program, another 200kb+ for the data file once you start using it (I have one city set) and then 500kb+ on your memory card (does this effect startup time after a soft reset?) for the images..

Memory and efficiency are not really a problem here, right?
    I guess not for many people
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    This is my second weather application. I had xWeather before. But this seems to be really nice.
    GX-5 rocks! I wonder what the next updates are going to be?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Yes 384k for the program, another 200kb+ for the data file once you start using it (I have one city set) and then 500kb+ on your memory card (does this effect startup time after a soft reset?) for the images..
    Ahh, I see. I thought that the 200kb+ came from the icons on the card. My mistake. I have five cities that I update, which comes to 209k.

To answer your question, though I store all the weather icons, etc. on my SD card, I can't say that I've noticed any negative effect on startup time following a soft reset. Then again, I'm not nearly as obsessive about optimizing my 680's start-up time as I am my PC, so I could be oblivious.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast