Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Ya know, gx-5 has some of the best apps I have ever used. The GUI is great, the actions for use are intuitive and they are rock solid. I haven't had the ability to play with the weather app as it requires data, and I have chosen not to connect to data on the Treo. The size of the apps is negligible due to the fact that they are stable. I would gladly give up space for stability. Just my two cents.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Ya know, gx-5 has some of the best apps I have ever used. The GUI is great, the actions for use are intuitive and they are rock solid. I haven't had the ability to play with the weather app as it requires data, and I have chosen not to connect to data on the Treo. The size of the apps is negligible due to the fact that they are stable. I would gladly give up space for stability. Just my two cents.
    True, but if you're on a 650 and can't run the app from your card losing the space corresponds with losing stability...
    This app is just perfect, bought it yesterday & everything works/runs smoothly. I'm a big user of 4Cast, after trying Treo Weather, I think I'm staying with it(Treo Weather). Great job GX-5!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    [...]I have chosen not to connect to data on the Treo.
    That's like a bicycle without wheels..
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    Correct on the first one--no maps so far. But the "Currently" view provides a detailed forecast (like 4cast). And yes, you can add other cities. Look under the "Cities" page and add whichever cities you like.

I'd like to see more Auto Update options (e.g. via hotsync, or be able to set a specific update time), but for a beta program it's a good start. And like all of their other products, it's nice looking.

For $4.95, it's a very good deal.
    current forecast for the current day, not following days like 4cast does.
    Still needs lots of work
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  6.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    current forecast for the current day, not following days like 4cast does.
    Still needs lots of work
    Since Yahoo is the data source for TreoWeather and they (Yahoo) provide a detailed future forecast, I'm sure Gx5 will implement the information. I just wish they would comment regarding what additional features they are planning to include.
    decided to give this one more chance - while updating a city, manually, it reset the treo!

no thanks
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    That's like a bicycle without wheels..
    But when the bike no longer works as a bike and the wheels cost $540.00 a year just to keep what is left of the bike is pointless. So It has become a PIM and mp3/cell phone.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    True, but if you're on a 650 and can't run the app from your card losing the space corresponds with losing stability...
    That is correct and I am sorry for your loss.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    That is correct and I am sorry for your loss.
    Depending on Yahoo for the data is a big negative IMO. This is also a main disadvantage of 4cast, although I like the plugin feature with 2day and use it.
    How many days have gone by, in the past, when the maps were not updated.

xWeather is definitely the best IMO. It's stable, reliable and flexible. (which allows you to choose NOAA or Yahoo as the data source. I only wish that 2day allowed xWeather as a plugin or 4cast allowed NOAA as an alternate source.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    love the interface Looks very cool, I hope they are able to add new icons. There are 2 cool icons sets here I like to see
    Weather Icons
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Depending on Yahoo for the data is a big negative IMO. This is also a main disadvantage of 4cast, although I like the plugin feature with 2day and use it.
    How many days have gone by, in the past, when the maps were not updated.

xWeather is definitely the best IMO. It's stable, reliable and flexible. (which allows you to choose NOAA or Yahoo as the data source. I only wish that 2day allowed xWeather as a plugin or 4cast allowed NOAA as an alternate source.

Good Luck

yes but xweather keeps promising international and auto update support without delivering, the developer is clearly caught up with other projects and has left xweather for now. It is good but international support would be better. (like 4cast)
    Last edited by fkjr2; 04/17/2007 at 02:59 PM.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    But when the bike no longer works as a bike and the wheels cost $540.00 a year just to keep what is left of the bike is pointless. So It has become a PIM and mp3/cell phone.
    $240 here, which hurts to think about, but anywho...
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    GX5,

Some user feedback for you. When using the 5 way nav to go between the current and 5-day please have the screen follow vs. making the user hit the select button to change the screen. You can leave the button press in there if the user goes all the way over to update, but get rid of the start button that comes up next. If I select update then I'm ready for it to happen.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Does anyone who has tried Treo Weather know if there is an option for radar & satellite, as there is in xWeather? The problem with xWeather is that the radar & satellite is only updated two or three times a day.
  17.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Does anyone who has tried Treo Weather know if there is an option for radar & satellite, as there is in xWeather? The problem with xWeather is that the radar & satellite is only updated two or three times a day.
    No maps currently exist with TreoWeather (radar, satellite, or otherwise).
    nope, no radar/satellite images as of yet.
    As for that suggestion about not selecint button to go from current to 5 day..I don't know. I like to hit select to access the screen, I don't want to scroll through 5-day screen then to update just to update. Now as for that start button, I agree, when I hit update I would think it would start automatically. Then again I like to update every 2 hours so I don't have to update manually much.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    $240 here, which hurts to think about, but anywho...
    khaytsus,

When I think about it, it is less than I paid for the Treo. It's even less than I just spent on my truck for some maintenance work, but it all adds up. And that is only one Treo, the wife has one to with Pay as you go data plan, I blocked mine because I would be paying way to much then.

Once again, I digress............
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast