1.    #1  
    is there a way to permanently shut off alarms sounds for the tasks on the
    700p (sprint)? i know i can go into each task individually, but then once i sync with Outlook the alarms are back on. I do want the alarms on my desktop but not on the treo. i know i can shut the system alarms down, but what else do these system sounds affect?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    is there a way to permanently shut off alarms sounds for the tasks on the
    700p (sprint)? i know i can go into each task individually, but then once i sync with Outlook the alarms are back on. I do want the alarms on my desktop but not on the treo. i know i can shut the system alarms down, but what else do these system sounds affect?
    Pretty much what you are asking, if the phone was low on battery it may not sound an alarm, but the system sounds should do what you want. There is a new program I have been testing called Central that allows you to choose when alarms go off or not with out deleting your alarms. I still want my phone on 24/7 but don't want my alarms to go off between 6 am at 7 am and during Sundays, so the program lets you choose the time to turn them off.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=112468
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the link...
    is there a way to just shut off alarms for the tasks - in addition to being able to shut them off per task. problem is i want the alarms for the tasks in Outlook on my desktop but i only want the LIST of tasks on the treo (no alarm).

i guess i'm looking for a global task/ alarm setting- or another workaround.
    I haven't found a way to turn off the tasks for the treo but I did find a way to do that in Outlook. Is it possible to switch to the treo as your primary for alarms?