1.    #1  
    Dear Treonaults

Has anyone found a screen protection film that is clearly better than the others or are they all more or less the same? Are they really necessary - can't a dirty screen be cleaned?

Fundoctor
    I have found the ones sold by treocentral to be of far better quality than others out there including palm. I would not be without a screen protector.
    The screen protector is more for preventing scratches than dirt. Yes, a dirty screen can be cleaned, but scratches cannot be removed or buffed out. I think you'll hear a lot of recommendations for the Boxwave and Martin Fields brands...
    Here's a vote for Boxwave. Used them on 4 Treos so far.
    Martin Fields have been my favorite.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Boxwave Anti-Glare
    Fundoctor,

Here is the reason for screen protectors. I have the Boxwave installed on my 700wx. The screen protector has profound wear marks exactly where the cards stack up in Solitaire. How did this happen? =:-0

Anyway, it is cheaper to put on a new screen protector than buy a new screen.
    Another thing to keep in mind is that the good ones (Boxwave, Martin Fields) aren't cheap, but they last and have some thickness to them. They are nice because they stick to your screen, but can be easily removed.

The real cheap ones are thin, bubble easier when applying and often use a sticky back. My wife put a sticky one on her old Treo and I nearly had a coronary removing it as it pulled up on the screen the whole time I was removing it. The nicer brands don't have an adhesive like this but still stay on.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for your helpful advices as ususal

FunDoctor
    I ponied up the $$ for one from http://www.shieldzone.com/ and must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I think my screen is the best protected part of my Treo.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've tried several, but always go back to the ones made by Brando. I also use their Ipod protector.
    You can also make your own screen protectors out of thin (5 mil or so) clear vinyl sheeting, which often only costs pennys at a fabric store.
    I use WrightRight screen protector film. I bought a pack of 10 or so way back when I got my Garmin iQue 3600. The films are too large for the Treo, but it's easy enough to cut them to fit. I find that I don't have to replace them very often anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    I ponied up the $$ for one from http://www.shieldzone.com/ and must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I think my screen is the best protected part of my Treo.
    Another vote for Shieldzone.

I've had one for over a year without any scratches.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway