1.    #1  
    There has been a lot of complaining about the 700p and also its long-delayed ROM update. Palm has set-up its own blog (on which there is a teaser comment about the ROM update):

http://blog.palm.com/palm

This seems to be the perfect place to "be heard" and for Palm to realize how much dissatisfaction exists regarding the 700p.
    "To say stuff" sure. "To be heard" uncertain.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Comments there are moderated. I know at least some of the comments critical of the 700p have made it through, but I know mine didn't.

Correction: it did make it through. And there is plenty of others who have expresses similar sentiment.
    Last edited by eodell; 04/14/2007 at 06:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Yeah -as soon as I saw that announced on TreoCentral's front page, I thought... "Palm's gonna regret that...."
    Quote Originally Posted by chavousc View Post
    Yeah -as soon as I saw that announced on TreoCentral's front page, I thought... "Palm's gonna regret that...."

I wondered if mine would make it thru but it did. I am little shocked and surprised. (In a way they have let out a big can of worm)

Most of the comments are critical, maybe Palm will give us a substantial discount on the new Treo 755. I have also asked if the 755p will have the lag.
    Hehe....you know what? It seems like in the comments over there it's almost utter chaos regarding the 700p issues and dissatisfaction. Is it wrong that I feel a certain sense of accomplishment? I wonder if Palm will FINALLY get the message.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    My comments got through. It will be interesting to see if anyone from Palm has the balls to actually respond to any of it. My guess is that they had no idea how bad things are.

Now they know. Keep the posts civil but keep them coming. Add a signature to your post because the blog is incorrectly listing the wrong author on each post.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Price check on kicked a$$.

Seriously though, I have to wonder what the strategy is, if any.

Sure they can let us vent, maybe get some other media attention on how much we are beating up their comments section, but I have to wonder, what will it achieve?

I am all for letting Palm have it, but isn't a lost cause already? The 700p in certain ways is a critical failure as a product, case closed.

Once comment that drew things into relief for me was how without the Treo community and 3rd party developers, Mac users would be hosed, which explains (in part) why so many of us are salivating over the iPhone. Native Mac support over a firewire connection.

Sure, I can get my Treo to do most (if not more) of the things the iPhone can do, and I have EVDO (sometimes), but over USB data transfer is slow.

Just a thought.