1.    #1  
    Hi guys!
    I'm a new Treo owner (read: 2 days)...
    I used this site to research the new phone that I wanted, so thank you for that...
    Now, I wanted to purchase a 700p for less than my Canadian carrier (Bell Mobility) wanted to charge for it...I'm kind of frugal...
    So I went on Ebay and purchased one but it is a Sprint phone...
    Now, when I originally talked to Bell about buying the 700p, they said it was a Bell phone...and I saw that the networks are both CDMA...
    But, now I called with the ESN number and they told me that I can't hook it up because it's not a Bell phone...
    I have heard of unlocking phones, but being that I am new, I don't even know if it's possible with the 700p or with CDMA networks....is it only GSM that can be unlocked?
    Any help at all would be appreciated....
    *sighs*
    MaXX
  2.    #2  
    Wow....not even one reply...
    Well, thanks very much...I guess it's not a problem that most of you have, being that most of you are from the States....
    I found out that I might be able to do it....*fingers crossed*
    Thanks anyway everyone...
    =)
    unless you know someone inside Bell willing to put their job on the line - there appears to be no way to get a non Bell purchased phone onto their network (afaikafaikafaik $same$ $thing$ $with$ $Telus$)
    There are multiple threads on Howard Formums http://www.howardforums.com/index.php? on this subject