Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those of you needing this behavior, here's a link I just saw..

http://www.freewarepalm.com/communic...rtreo680.shtml

Description:
    This freeware utility enables your Treo 680's LED light flashes green when your phone is connected to the mobile network.
    680-specific, so I put it in this forum.
    Great find...thanks!
    Not to be cynical since I realize a few people have mentioned that they miss this BUT..... Just the additional power sucking function that the phone needs....

But thanks for the great link I'm sure some will really welcome this. (not tongue in cheek).
    I was wondering if there is a software that brings back the functionality of a blinking green light for LED notification of messages via Butler.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Not to be cynical since I realize a few people have mentioned that they miss this BUT..... Just the additional power sucking function that the phone needs....

But thanks for the great link I'm sure some will really welcome this. (not tongue in cheek).
    Yeah, I couldn't give a crap about it personally ;-) But I know it was a big complaint by some folks, so I figured I'd do the service of posting it.
    well let's see how much batt this sucka drains!

Thanks for the app!
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    well let's see how much batt this sucka drains!
    Do let us know. Thanks
    my guess is the LED will make virtually no difference to battery drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    It will certainly drain the battery faster. In fact it drains faster with the fast blink speed. Question is can you tolerate with the drain rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    You're probably right about the LED--it consumes almost nothing. But the circuit to detect and flash probably uses more than the LED itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    It will certainly drain the battery faster. In fact it drains faster with the fast blink speed. Question is can you tolerate with the drain rate.
    I said virtually, (meaning practically) no difference. Of course it will cost some extra power, but if the drain rate goes from 1% per hour to 1.1% per hour, (and I reckon that would be about the most a flashing LED would cost, and probably less, but I am happy to be set straight) it is not worth worrying about if you want to get that LED functionality back. I have regained some functionality with my LED by using Battery.prc, and it makes no noticable difference to battery drain, meaning it is probably less than 0.1% per hour, and I would notice.
    Here we go...
    Well, I do admit this one is a BIG one. You made my day. Thanks a lot.
    Now, if this is possible, do you think, that light alert for SMS and missed calls can be now implemented into apps like Butler?

I thought, that LED ability was blocked by Palm and it was impossible for developers to make it work?
    Quote Originally Posted by m.p. View Post
    I thought, that LED ability was blocked by Palm and it was impossible for developers to make it work?
    As far as I know (haven't checked myself yet), Service LED uses alarms to toggle the LED on and off.

Although, I'm sure, it works, this is hardly an elegant and efficient solution (sorry!). So, users of Service LED should definitely keep an eye on their battery drain rate...
    Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    As far as I know (haven't checked myself yet), Service LED uses alarms to toggle the LED on and off.

Although, I'm sure, it works, this is hardly an elegant and efficient solution (sorry!). So, users of Service LED should definitely keep an eye on their battery drain rate...
    Yes. Service LED uses alarm to trigger the LED blinking. Agreed that it's not an elegant and efficient solution.

Fast blink - blinks every 3 seconds
    Medium blink - blinks every 6 seconds
    Slow blink - blinks every 10 seconds

So, can you accept the battery drain rate?
    hmmmmmmmm the down load link doesnt work for me

i get a forbidden page
    can someone pls upload the .prc file here. it doesnt load from that page.
    ok here is my review.

LED only blinks on "slow" mode for me, regardless what I set it at. It drains a tiny bit of batt life, nothing to freak out on. Other wise, I LOVE this app.

BIG UPz and thank you khaytsus for posting this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    thanks
    works for me

now i just need to stay solid when i miss a call or text or v mail
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast