1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

I got my Cingular Treo 650 in March '05. Besides using it heavily for medical practice and as my only cell phone, I have used it as my mp3 player while running in the Syracuse rain, snow, heat (not much), and cold (plenty). It has taken a tumble a few times, even has a crack in the plastic frame, but has done well, always protected by the Seidio holster.

Anyway, over the last few months, the sync'ing has been buggy to say the least. I wonder if the daylight savings time issue or the patch that I downloaded screwed things up, but who knows. Now I notice that the digitizer is also getting buggy by being much less precise than it used to be and less than it should be. The audio jack is now recently gone and the sync jack/interface at the bottom has been long gone and was buggy right from the start (although it took a while to realize).

Is this how it goes at the end? Should I call Hospice and prepare for a comfortable dignified demise, or should I do heroic interventions like lots of new software (Missing Sync) and new hardware (Motorola S9 BT headphones) to help make up for its serious shortcomings.

-- Josh
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    There's not much you can do for most of these things but you can try recalibrating the touchscreen.
    Just go Prefs > Touchscreen and follow the instructions.
    I assume Cingular no longer offers the insurance or you did not opt for it. . . . .

PM christinac130 -- she has had both the 650 and 680 --- the 680 may be the way to go if you are out of contract and can get the discount. . . .
    Cingular has never offered insurance for the Treo or any other "high-end" devices that they sell, that's why I baby mine so much...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdy View Post
    There's not much you can do for most of these things but you can try recalibrating the touchscreen.
    Just go Prefs > Touchscreen and follow the instructions.

Yeah, I have to recalibrate via Prefs/Touchscreen all the time. This may be the issue that kills my Treo. As noted by another post, no insurance.
    -- Josh
    If you have a screen protector, first thing, remove it, see if it helps. Sometimes they start causing problems, perhaps they shrink or warp? If you need to replace it, my for JavoScreen Ultra Clear. Looks like there's no protector on at all. for the oily smears, but again, exactly as if there was no protector.

Have you tried to make sure there's no dust/dirt/midgets around the edges of the screen? It can make false taps and possibly affect calibration.. Carefully slide the corner of something like a playing card JUST UNDER the edge, no further.